We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

Dallas
5 posts
Save Topic
Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

Hi! My fiance and I want to elope in Grand Cayman the first week of July. Never having been to the Cayman Islands, I don't know where to start or whom to trust. I've seen some honeymoon packages at the Reef Resort and Aqua Bay Condos. I am trying to find out if these are both reputable and the best place to honeymoon.

We also need to find a company that can help us with a beach wedding ceremony. It will just be the two of us, so we are not looking for anything very fancy. All we want is a romantic, private ceremony with the 2 witness who will have to be arranged.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

www.caymanislands.ky/services/weddings.asp

http://www.caymanweddings.com.ky/

http://www.celebrationsltd.com/

http://www.heartofcayman.com/

http://cayman.com.ky/com/njohnson/index.htm

theweddingexperience.com/dest-caymans.html

Congratulations!

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

Aggiecan... Texas A&M, huh ? :)

When in Cayman you must stop in at Lone Star Bar & Grill, the owner is a very enthusiastic Aggie !

Anyway, I run The Reef, do feel free to contact us at weddings@thereef.com.ky, we will be sure to discuss your needs and then recommend wedding planners.

If you are plannin a small wedding (as you are eloping!), we can certainly do that for you on property with any one of a number of organisers, plus adding on photographers etc depending on your wishes.

In addition to The Reef, Cayman is well known for highly professional wedding organisers, as a destination we very much focus on the wedding and honeymoon market.

Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

The Reef is a gret place, and Tom does a great job, but the resort is located a good half hour drive (sometimes more) away from Seven Mile beach. Not to take anything away from the Reef, its nice, but if you want to be closer to (where the action is) or just have more options for nightlife and daytime purposes, I would try something along 7-mile beach. If you want to just relax, enjoy the peacful, tranquil, island lifestyle, maybe see the Barefoot man, the reef is it. Celebrations is a great place to start about planning the wedding. Enjoy and have fun!

Dallas
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

Thank you everyone for your informative and kind responses!

I did notice that The Reef is on the opposite end of the island, and that's something I'm discussing with Mitch. We're not exactly sure what we want. We'd like to be near the action, but we don't want to be in a place that is really noisy and out of control. However, maybe SMB doesn't get that way. Any additional thoughts?

Tom, yes, I am a graduate of Texas A&M. Whoop! I'll definitely have to check out the Lone Star Bar & Grill. Thank you for letting me know about it!

Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

Not toooo Crazy, but traffic can be a pain. I suggest staying in the middle of 7-mile beach. Depending on your budget, Lacovia condos are very nice (and across the street from the Lone Star Gril) the Hyatt suites are great, Marriott is ok, etc. If you stay there, you won't need a car really. Only to drive up to the reef resort on a Tuesday or Thursday night to see the Barefoot Man. (Worth the trip)

Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
259 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

Cayman Weddings provide small, simple beach weddings and can also provide witnesses. It is a full service company, and very personalised. Good luck and congratulations!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,183 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

Hyatt Beach Suites would provide lovely accommodations, offer summer discounts, convenient to several nice restaurants, a 10 minute ride from the airport, as well as practically across the street from Lone Star, nice beach albeit not as expanisve as some others in the Central area, and in July not crowded. Get in touch with Celebrations on Grand Cayman for ceremony and ALL best wishes!

East Hartford...
Level Contributor
220 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

Hi,

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding! My husband and I have stayed twice in the past 3 years (most recently January '06) at the Turtle Nest Inn, centrally located on the island in Bodden Town. It's a lovely, oceanfront inn, with a total of 8 full apartments - great for relaxing, snorkeling and enjoying the island. I've seen photos on their website of on-the-beach weddings held at the inn, so I'm sure the owners could provide assistance with planning the kind of ceremony you're looking for. I could easily imagine the place at sunset with the sounds of the ocean as a backdrop....... The inn also has an oceanfront/poolside terrace, perfect for catered refreshments, decorations, etc. I'll bet that this time of year you could reserve one of their best suites (apartment 6 with the king-size bed and great balconies is our favorite). I'd be happy to email you some of our pictures if that would be of any help......

Good luck with everything!!

US
Level Contributor
189 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

As much as we enjoyed obtiaining our dive certification at Compass Point, sister hotel to the Reef, we will stay at 7 mile beach this year. The beach on the East end isn't quite as nice, and there is a wind blowing much of the time. We also found the mosquito population to be higher in the East End than on 7 mile.We wound up driving to Rum Point several times for a place to plop on the beach, which wasn't very convenient. It's your honeymoon, but I would stay somehwhere that's not so isolated as the East end.

Dallas
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cayman Wedding Ceremony and Honeymoon Hotel Needed

Thank you to everyone who's been so helpful! We're really looking forward to the wedding and relaxing vacation!

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach