We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin in November 2012 (Thanksgiving week)

San Jose, California
2 posts
Save Topic
Westin in November 2012 (Thanksgiving week)

I heard the news about Westin is under renovation during this Fall. We plan to stay in the Thanksgiving time, wonder if they will be completed by that time.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,106 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin in November 2012 (Thanksgiving week)

I suggest you contact them directly and ask about the timeline.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,872 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin in November 2012 (Thanksgiving week)

Most places that have "renovation" that would affect guests usually try to do it during the slow season (September and October). By November, especially by late Nov., they are really getting in gear for the high season and the all important Christmas/NY week. Of course things can be delayed like any renovation anywhere (including my house right here in NY!!!), but things happen. Where did you hear the news . . . many of the sources are filled with inaccuracies. The problem with calling the hotel and asking is the staff is often in the dark and the managers are at the mercy of contractors and goods arriving. However, emailing the GM to assure that nothing disruptive (like no swimming pool, lobby or restaurants) is not a bad idea!!! I would definteily follow kiddos advice but make sure you go far enough up the ladder to someone who should be "in the know".

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin in November 2012 (Thanksgiving week)

We just came back from the Westin and were not bothered by the renovations what so ever. The Westin was great, clean, quiet, the staff were all excellent and the beach front was the best of all the other hotels.

Enjoy

4. Re: Westin in November 2012 (Thanksgiving week)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach