We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Islands Club or Lacovia?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Islands Club or Lacovia?

I'm not finding any forum search results for The Islands Club, probably because "Islands" is in just about every thread ("Cayman Islands"). All the reviews for it in the Where To Stay seem positive though. Anyway, looking to go in early to mid December. Pros for Islands Club, rates are a little better, especially since I want to stay through Dec 17 (2 days into the high season). Pros for Lacovia, better fitness center (we will use this every day) and pool. We'll spend a lot of time in the Ocean, but it's nice to take a quick dip in the pool.

Anyone stay at Islands Club? Other recommendations? We would prefer to stay in central SMB, so we don't have to drive/taxi/bus all the time (especially after several cocktails).

Mentioned in this post
The Islands Club
The Islands Club
82 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Islands Club or Lacovia?

Yeah, I've been using VRBO and got a lot of useful information about some of the SMB properties. I was going to go that route, but for very similar prices I can book directly with the condo management companies and not have to worry about meeting the owner/rep at a certain time or place. I had one bad experience in Cancun, the owner was fantastic to deal with and the property was great, but trying to get in to the place was a nightmare. Our plane was a little late, immigration was long too, so we got to the condo a couple of hours late. We had no phone number for the manager and he never showed. It turned out he thought we were coming the day before. He didn't have his phone that night, so even after having condo security find his number, he couldn't be reached. We had security break into the condo so we could get in. All this took a few hours, we were exhausted from the trip already, and it was late at night. So unfortunately, that one bad experience makes me prefer the in-house condo management booking choice.

Sorry, that was probably long winded and all one large paragraph, but I'm on mobile so it's not quite so easy :-)

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
12. Re: Islands Club or Lacovia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach