We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to the Plantana July 2012

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Going to the Plantana July 2012

Anybody have the information on which units are on the corner gulf front--? Anything would be helful. Also--has anybody stayed at Waters Edge? Thanks

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,882 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to the Plantana July 2012

I can tell you that when we stayed at Plantana for 6 visits, we would request only unit #10 - ground floor, direct beachfront view unobscured by the pool, and no adjacent neighbors.

Water's Edge does not do daily rentals. I believe they, like the Pinnacle, will only rent for a minimum of a month.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to the Plantana July 2012

Perfect thank you very much. Do we go thru the front office or is it VRBO? Thanks again.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,882 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to the Plantana July 2012

I have never used vrbo and always book directly with the management. You can see the locations and unit #s at Plantana's website plantanacayman.com

Just be sure you tell them exactly which unit you want.

Edited: 5:42 pm, June 08, 2012
Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
68 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to the Plantana July 2012

Plantana is great.. Always book directly with office as they usually have specials. We always book ground floor oceanview typically # 6. But you can't go wrong with any unit. Great complex!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,882 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to the Plantana July 2012

All oceanfront units at Plantana are not equal in proximity to the beach and expanse of the view. A little history........... Plantana is comprised of 3 building groups. Previously, they were "A" "B" and "C". The units in building A were closest to the beach and proced higher than B or C. The C building was furthest from the beach with the lowest oceanfront rates. A number of years ago, Plantana fixed the same oceanfront rate to all of the buildings, meaning that the rate for a unit furthest away from the beach is the same as for those right in front. A bit unfair and deceiving, if you ask me. The majority of the units face the pool, with a view of the sea beyond that. We are bothered by pool noise and having neighbors separated only by screens, and chose #10. It is closest to the beach and offers the privacy we prefer.

All of Plantana's units are spacious, modern and attractive. The beach is great and location is ideal. I would suggest you ask to be placed in a unit closest to the beach so you get your money's worth and are not stuck looking at a pool or back near the office. Unit #12 is great, as is #9, they offer extra living space and 3 sets of sliders facing the ocean. Only hitch there is if the adjoining unit is occupied and, hopefully, not with a noisy group on their patio.

6. Re: Going to the Plantana July 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:40 pm, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach