We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plantana or Coralstone Club

Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Plantana or Coralstone Club

can anyone give me an opinion of Plantana or Coralstone Club. Two families with 4 kids, 3,6,12 and 15 years old are travling in April of 2006. Wondering if anyone had stayed recently at either complex and opinions about the either place, the beach the location. Thanks for your help.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plantana or Coralstone Club

Coralstone is right next to a major construction project that is ongoing, so on that basis alone I would consider Plantana.

Do check out all condo options, the map on www.caymanvacations.com is useful for checking out locations... and be most careful, there are several major condo redevelopments between Hyatt and Ritz hotels, so be careful exactly where you choose right now if you want peace and quiet :)

Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Plantana or Coralstone Club

TomCayman thank you very much for the insight.Discovery Point is also one of our options but it looks like it is more rocky at that end of the beach and since I have small children I was concerned about that.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plantana or Coralstone Club

I would choose Plantana. You can walk to snorkeling and it's close to the Westin hotel.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plantana or Coralstone Club

My advice is IF you do book Coralstone, get them to guarantee you in some sort of fashion that the place will be ready for guests and if not what they are prepared to do. We stayed there in Jan 04 and loved everything about it so I'm not downing the place or location. We even tolerated the Ritz construction :) However having walked by there a few days ago I can tell you that it still looks like there's alot of work that has to be completed. Whether they are remodeling interiors or not, the outside is still not ready. The Ritz noise is over but Water's Edge condo is going on the other side. We liked the location for walking to/from places.

Have never stayed at Plantana but liked the overall look and the fact it has a pool on the beach. http://www.plantanacayman.com/

Houston
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Plantana or Coralstone Club

I do not know anything about Plantana, but I will tell you that I have been to many places in the caribbean and the beach behind the Coralstone has to be one of the most beautiful in the world.

Fairfield County...
Level Contributor
30 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plantana or Coralstone Club

Can anyone tell me which place they feel is newer/nicer between Discovery Club and Plantana? We are going this Spring and I want to make sure we make a good choice. We stayed at the Morritt's and it was brand new so we were spoiled! ha ha Thanks for your input!

Also, someone mentioned that the beach at Discovery was rocky, do we know if this is true?

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plantana or Coralstone Club

In the past, the beach by Discovery was rocky. I don't know about know. We stayed at Villas of Galleon, but planned on staying at Plantana for our next visit. The beach there is wonderful and it's a short walk to snorkeling.