We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Vacation

Holland, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Family Vacation

I am looking to take a family vacation (6yr old and 3 yr old) to Grand Cayman. We want 2BR accomodations on the beach (beach to play on/it with kids... not too rocky) and a pool. We are looking for something child friendly and clean, clean, clean. Condo, small resort or hotel is fine. We can rent a car, would prefer to have deck, lanai or something to have quiet time watching the ocean... We are looking to go Feb-Apr for one week. Any help would be appreciated.

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Vacation

I would recommend a condo or resort with condo type accommodations somewhere... but book fast, I know my resort (The Reef) is almost sold out for those months... and I am sure many of my colleagues are similarly filling up.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Vacation

Tom is correct. Your best bet is to rent a condo. This way, you'll have a kitchen, washer and dryer (many condos offer this, but check) and a great balcony to sit out in at night and watch the spectacular sunsets.

Next decision is whether or not you'd prefer 7 mile beach or a quieter part of the island. We stayed at Villas of Galleon and loved it, but our 2 bedroom did not have a washer/dryer.

Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Vacation

did you decide where to stay. We are looking for a place with children as well and would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Vacation

Downside to Villas of Galleon may be that it has no pool. I don't know how important that is--along with the fact it's not reopened yet :(

Plantana has 2 bedroom units on a lovely stretch of SMB. I have not stayed there. http://www.plantanacayman.com/

It's not really walkable to restaurants or shopping but you could walk over to the Westin which shouldn't be too bad for the little ones. There aren't too many 2 bedroom places centered on SMB but I think each place has 1 or 2 in the mix. Check out caymanvacations.com to look at places that are opened, some pictures and pricing. Also keep in mind if you want a pool on the beach or behind/on side of building. I'd think with little ones it's alot easier for it to be located front and center. Mine are older now but we still prefer it that way.

I would say request a brochure from the tourism dept but mine just came today(a little late for our trip as we're back now) but it doesn't include all the info it used to. It didn't have any listings of specific places.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Vacation

If you haven't made reservations yet, I would recommend The Regal Beach Club. We were there with our two kids in the summer of 04 and we LOVED it. Clean, comfy, spacious, great beach, quiet. We will definitely go back--in fact, we hated to leave!

Check out caymanvactationsdotcom

Miami Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Vacation

try www.866thebrac.com for oceanfront 2 BR condos on the beach.

Denver
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Vacation

Check w/the Grand Caymanian resort. Great condo's with a lovely pool and beach. We will be there in May and I'm not sure how booked they are for March/April. When we were there in May 2004 they had plans for a lagoon for children, but I don't know if the hurricane spoiled those plans or not.