We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Caymanian

New York City
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Caymanian

Hi,

We are planning on staying in October 2006. We actually won a 7 night stay there. I know you can't swim at their beach, we are happy with a pool and will just spend the day at the beaches.

Question... how far from the Caymanian to a nice beach to spend the day at?

are there cabs available?

anyone know if they still have a shuttle to town?

Any help would be great!!

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Caymanian

If I remember good, they have a shuttle and otherwise, you will always get cabs for a not expensive price. The cab trip will take you just some minutes and you will be on the beautiful Seven Mile Beach. You wont walk as you will have beach bags, snorkeling equipment and the weather here is hot, but the cab will be an easy way to reach the beach. It will cost you maybe 7 dollars CI (about 8.50 US) or maybe less. But the hotel has a shuttle, as I see it on the roads. And the cab to town will be about 10 dollars CI. You will enjoy your stay, so much to do and so beautiful place to safely relax.

Land O Lakes...
Level Contributor
181 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Caymanian

We spent the week of Thanksgiving at the Grand Caymanian, the first time since we bought a timeshare there. The renovations that were done after Hurricane Ivan have been fantastic!

The pool area is HUGE, with lots of chairs, and two large hot tubs. There are hammocks that are great for relaxing and feeling the ocean breeze.

You wouldn't want to walk to Seven Mile Beach from the Grand Caymanian, but they have daily shuttle service to the beach, grocery store, Georgetown, etc.

The new restaurant (The Blue Iguana) at the Grand Caymanian had good food, however, it's a little overpriced compared to all the other wonderful restaurants on the island. Lobster Pot is one of my favorites, along with the Lighthouse.

We went to Stingray City with the outfit right at the hotel. By leaving at 7:30 am, you'll be the first boat there and the stingrays are awesome!! You won't believe your eyes. This is a MUST DO for Grand Cayman.

Be sure to grab the Cayman Activity Guide after you get through customs at the airport, it's full of great info and coupons, plus it has maps of the island. Better yet, visit their website and sign up for the forum there, there's tons of information. I have a trip report posted there with pictures, under the Trip Reports topics, titled Thanksgiving 2005 with photos.