We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovery Point

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Discovery Point

Hi, I just booked 10 nights at Discovery Point. It sounds like a great place. I'll be going with my 7 and 10 year olds in April. Does anyone know of dining or activities close? Also is Fosters the best supermarket for groceries? Thanks in advance.

Cheryl in NJ

Connecticut
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discovery Point

Hi,

I stayed at DPC back in 2002 and had a great time there. As for dining close by, I would suggest renting a car because most on the places like Deckers, Coconut Joes, Lonestar, etc. are a few miles down going towards George Town. We did walk to a few places when we were there, but it's a hike from DPC. I just returned from a stay at the Westin which was a little closer to the action but still opted for a rental car.

We used Fosters for our groceries when we were there and found everything there that we needed.

Have a great trip.

Pete

new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discovery Point

Cheryl,

We wanted to stay at Discovery Point in April as well - but really wanted a 3 bedroom so opted for the Silver Sands Condos right next door. I'm not totally comfortable with my decision - the silver sands looks a bit tired and I have heard wonderful things about Discovery Point as well as Aqua Bay in the same area. We wanted to be close to good snorkeling so thought this area would be ideal - I guess I want to know what made you pick this area as well. I have a 12, 10 and 7 year old - having 3 makes it more difficult to find accomodations to suit us - we're space freaks!

Anyway - still debating about switching - would love to know my kids could find other kids to play with.

pam in ny

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discovery Point

You won't find as many kids at Aqua Bay and Silver Sands. as some other resorts. We went to GC when my son was 11 and stayed at Villas of Galleon. His biggest complaint was that there were no kids.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discovery Point

Thanks for all of the helpful posts.

Pam in NY,

I chose DP based on the reviews on tripadvisor. Its never let me down! I'm a single mom so I've learned that the best vacation spots for us are always a condo away from the "action". I have a good feeling about DP. I've also learned that if you aren't totally happy with the place you reserved then go with the one you want. Its an expensive vacation so you should be totally pleased with your choice of lodging. Hopefully we will run into one another. My kids would be thrilled to make some friends there.

Cheryl in NJ

new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discovery Point

Thanks Cheryl,

I think I'll give them a call today and see if they can accomodate a family of 5 (DP I mean). My 10 year old is a boy, my 7 is a girl. Actually they'll be 11 and just about 8 by then, my other is a 12 year old boy.

Anyway, thanks for the good advice. SS just doesn't sit right with me altogether.

pam

new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discovery Point

Dian,

It depends which week - We're going when schools are closed here - I imagine its a busy time for family travel.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discovery Point

Pam,

Were you able to get a condo at DC? We will be there April 13-22. My daughter is 10 and son is 11. I am really looking forward to it. I've been to many islands but never GC.

Cheryl

new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discovery Point

Cheryl,

We're excited to go, too. Have never been to GC either - but have been to St. John, Virgin Gorda, Peter Island, Anguilla, Aruba, Turks and Caicos - can't wait to snorkel. That's part of the reason we picked Silver Sands - wanted to be on the northern part of smb - near cemetery reef - just heard the snorkeling around that area was great. We also wanted a 3 bedroom. Haven't called dc yet but have a feeling we'd rather opt for more space - if anyone could recommend another 3 bedroom condo I'd look into it. Just don't want to spend $900 a night!

Anybody with info on Silver Sands - please let me know.

Thanks

Anyway Cheryl - I'm sure our kids will meet up on the beach! We'll work on it.

Pam

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
21 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Discovery Point

Pam,

You know what is best for your family. Sometime too much "togetherness" is not a good thing! $900 a night is insane..you made a wise choice with the 3 bedroom.

PS Been to Anguilla twice....its my favorite place on the planet!

Cheryl

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Discovery Point

Crashes, we actually ent President's week, which is a very busy time. For some reason, some condos seem to attract more families with kids.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach