We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

Connecticut
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

I am looking for information about the Kaibo Yacht Club condos. I've read that the restaurant is good but beach for swimming is not so great. Any additional information about the condo would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
1. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

I second that any information anyone could provide would be greatly apperciate my family is travelling there in March and I would love any photos or tips you could give me about the place!

= )

Chicago, IL
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

My parents actually own a unit in the Kaibo Condos Phase II directly next door to Kaibo Yacht Club. Phase II of the condos were completed in 2005 (post Hurrican Ivan)...if all condos look like my parents' place then they are great. Phase II also has a private pool and hot tub for guest use. During the week you virtually have the place to yourself...as most of the condos are vacation/seasonal homes.

The beach area around the yacht club is in a small protected cove. When I visit we do not swim on the beach. Rum Point is the place to visit....a short 10 minute bike ride from the Kaibo Yacht club. The beach is great -- think lounge chairs, hammocks and palm trees. Great swimming and snorkeling just a few feet from shore. Red Sail Sports has a location on the beach that rents snorkeling equipment, jet skis and also offers tours to Stingray Sandbar.

There is also a cafe/bar called The Wreck (it's actually run/operated by the Hyatt Grand Cayman -- pre Ivan a ferry service ran between the Hyatt and Rum Point. I highly recommend the pork sandwich and a mudslide.

If you're looking for a less congested alternative to Seven Mile Beach then Kaibo and Rum Point is the place to be.

Have a great trip.

Chicago, IL
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

My parents actually own a unit in the Kaibo Condos Phase II directly next door to Kaibo Yacht Club. Phase II of the condos were completed in 2005 (post Hurrican Ivan)...if all condos look like my parents' place then they are great. Phase II also has a private pool and hot tub for guest use. During the week you virtually have the place to yourself...as most of the condos are vacation/seasonal homes.

The beach area around the yacht club is in a small protected cove. When I visit we do not swim on the beach. Rum Point is the place to visit....a short 10 minute bike ride from the Kaibo Yacht club. The beach is great -- think lounge chairs, hammocks and palm trees. Great swimming and snorkeling just a few feet from shore. Red Sail Sports has a location on the beach that rents snorkeling equipment, jet skis and also offers tours to Stingray Sandbar.

There is also a cafe/bar called The Wreck (it's actually run/operated by the Hyatt Grand Cayman -- pre Ivan a ferry service ran between the Hyatt and Rum Point. I highly recommend the pork sandwich and a mudslide.

If you're looking for a less congested alternative to Seven Mile Beach then Kaibo and Rum Point is the place to be.

Have a great trip.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,627 posts
1 review
4. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

rumpointfan,

are you shelly's relation?

Sue

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
5. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

Can you not swim in the water infront the units...? Also wondering if rum point get really crowed during the week days or is there a certain day to avoid going there because of conjestion?

Thanks so much for all you help!

= )

Connecticut
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

Update to my request for info on the Kaibo Yacht Club Condos - we rented a condo there for a week and had a fantastic time. The view was beautiful and magical - beds were comfy and the condo had everything we needed. Perfect and just minutes away from Rum Point. We just strolled down the beach from our condo to the restaurant and outdoor bar - could not have been better.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,627 posts
1 review
7. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

Thanks for posting again. It's always helpful to have first hand information.

8. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach