We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency Exchange

San Diego...
1 post
Save Topic
Currency Exchange

I'll be traveling the Grand Cayman in a couple of weeks was concerned about the currency exchange. I am thinking about bringing travelers' checks but don't know how easy they are to exchange. any experiences would help. thanks.

Harrisburg, PA
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency Exchange

Hi.

We just returned from Grand Cayman a week ago and did not bother with traveler's checks. Unless you're bringing a huge sum of money, I would just do cash. US dollars were accepted everywhere we went with no problem. In fact, some of the places we went only had change in US and prefered it to the Cayman dollar. Have fun..you'll love it!

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency Exchange

The exchange rate is set at $1 Cayman to $1.25 US Dollar. We went to a BBQ at what used to be the Indies Suites. The cost was $10 Cayman per person. Gave $100 US and got back $75 Cayman in Change. Instead of costing us $25 for 2 people it cost us $6.25. Too drunk to care was a good way of describing the cashier.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach