We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aqua bay club or discovery point club

Georgia
10 posts
Save Topic
aqua bay club or discovery point club

Hey everyone! I have narrowed down our condo selections to the Aqua Bay Club and the Discovery Point Club. ABC has two units on the third floor available and DPC has a ground floor available. I think I am leaning towards DPC because of being able to walk right out to the beach since it will be our honeymoon:)!! However, they have not been able to send me pictures of the actual unit we will be renting and ABC has sent me pictures.

What do you all recommend?? Which has the nicer beach? Are there on-site management or front desk staff at either one? Both have been very responsive to my emails -- unlike the Meridian.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Aqua Bay Club
Aqua Bay Club
225 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Discovery Point Club
Discovery Point Club
534 Reviews
Grand Cayman
The Meridian
The Meridian
132 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aqua bay club or discovery point club

Hi We just got back from Grand Cayman. We stayed next door to DPC at the Christopher Columbus. I think you should go for the ground floor unit. We chose a gardenview at the CC and were fine. We would have preferred an ocean view but it was $100.00 U.S. more per night. Also we were travelling with Kids so preferred they did not have easy access to the pool and Ocean.

Since it is your honeymoon don't settle, you can't beat an Ocean Front. But having said that, there is also a good view from a higher floor.

FYI, it was very rocky in front of the DPC when we were there. Many people say that the shoreline can change but just wanted you to know what I saw. You definitely could not just walk in for a dip. On the positive side, about 100 ft either way you could have a sandy entry

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
NJ
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: aqua bay club or discovery point club

I suspect you already made your plan, but here's another opinion.

Just got back from GC and I second the comments made by ericwithabee about the rocky beach of Discovery Point Club. We also stayed next door at Christopher Columbus Condos, so had good view of DP's beach/rocks.

On this criteria alone, knowing nothing else about DP or ABC, I'd go with ABC. Or, of course, CCC.

Mentioned in this post
Discovery Point Club
Discovery Point Club
534 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Christopher Columbus Condos
Christopher Columbus...
338 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aqua bay club or discovery point club

I would go with Aqua Bay. Being on the 3rd floor allows more privacy and the view will be great. There is a much greater chance of having less kids there, also.

4. Re: aqua bay club or discovery point club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach