We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz vs Marriott

AL
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Ritz vs Marriott

Is Ritz worth the extra money? Which resort is in the best location? Thanks

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

Ritz has much better beach, yet is HUGE so if you do not want the "convention feel" and can be happy with a relatively small area of sand, Marriott is fine. Both are in very convenient locations as far as easy access to variety of shops/restaurants is concerned. Marriott closer to Georgetown, but not enough to be of significance since neither really close enough to walk to there.

As much as I am not a fan of the Ritz on GC, if it came down to between those 2, overall would likely pick Ritz over the Marriott .

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

I agree with lovecayman. Obviously the Ritz Carlton is more upscale. It depends on what you like and what you can afford to spend for it. For the money, I think there are better options than the RC on Grand Cayman, but that is personal choice. However, I don't think you can honestly compare those two venues. Is a caddy suv worth the extra money over a honda suv -- depends on the driver!!! Good luck.

P.S. If I was using reward points and had to choose between the two, I would definitely chose the RC.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

Although I'm not the original poster - just wanted to let yall know this helps me too!

Ends up I received a better rate at the RC than the Marriott - (even though they are both Marriott properties) and I'm afraid that rate won't stick around long so we're going to do it.

We are huge Ritz fans but never been to Grand Cayman - looking forward to it!

Many Thanks!

TX1

Baltimore
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

Both resorts are great, you can't go wrong with either.. The Ritz is rather large and most of the time more expensive but in my opinion worth the extra money.

The Ritz has a great pool area where as the Marriott's is a little smaller. The Ritz does have the better and bigger beach between the two..

However the Marriott was just remodeled and I have heard is very nice and that they have some great restaurants which maybe a slight bit cheaper than the Ritz, however everything food and drink related is expensive in the Caymans.

I am returning to the the Caymans this year in May, last year I stayed at the Ritz and this year I am returning to the Ritz, and there is no where else I would rather stay on the island.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

It's hands down the Ritz. Much better beach and pool.

AL
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

Does anyone know if gardenveiw room @ RC is located across the street from the beach ? Thanks

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

yes, that would be so.

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,703 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

LoveCayman -

ok, so a club level garden view is across the street ? But that is where the club level is right? I am so confused by their set up. I'm thinking either way I'm going to have to walk across to get to the beach or the food for club........

We're going to the RC in Cancun in a few weeks and then hosting atleast 60 folks in the SFO Ritz for several days, so I'm hoping that they will take all this into account and upgrade us to ocean front - but not counting on it - and am I correct - that either way, I'm going to be walking off my pina coladas?

TA is great - thank you!

TX

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,333 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

TX1 -- While it was in the planning stage we looked into buying one of the "Residences" . At that time all the rooms at the beach side where to be part of the privately owned section. This may have changed. Call and ask them directly if you are unclear. A few pennies for a phone call can make or break your holiday. They changed their plans so many times we didn't like it and it became way too big. Good luck.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ritz vs Marriott

yup, as I understand the "club" at Ritz is on the non-beach side.

to me it doesn't

make sense that the club rooms would not be in the beach front building, especially since I also think there ARE rooms, in addition to the Residences, available in the beach front building...but then again suppose there are far more rooms in the building across the street which is why they decided to put the "club" there.

We usually stay in a first floor walk out beach front condo smack in the middle of SMB, but if I were to stay in a hotel, have to say the pluses of the Ritz outweigh their minuses. Have you looked into the Hyatt Beach Suites? Did stay there once and probably would chose that over the Ritz.

Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach