We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

here for a day

Which George Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener
Level Contributor
89 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
here for a day

I'm on a cruise and am here for a day. Any suggestions on what to see?

How much would a taxi ride cost if I wanted to go to Seven Mile Beach and maybe visit the town of Hell? from the cruise dock.

Any fantastic tours I can take on the island as opposed to the ships?

Thanks for any advice.

Kitchener
Level Contributor
89 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: here for a day

Thanks for the help.

The ship docks from 7 to 2 so very short time ........ I think I'll just explore George Town, maybe first take bus to Seven Mile Beach. It's my first visit to Grand Cayman.

I'm not much of a swimmer for Stingray City would be out altho' it looks fabulous.

1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: here for a day

thank you so much for the information.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,261 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: here for a day

Traveller -- you don't have to swim at Stingray Sandbar -- the water is only 3 to 5 ft deep. It really is an incredible experience and GT is really not going to be that different from any of the other ports (Colombian Emeralds, Little Switzerland, Hard Rock, etc). If the swimming is the only part that is putting you off, you don't have to worry about it at the Sandbar. Have a blast whatever you choose!!!!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
5,151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: here for a day

Stingray Sandbar is an experience unique to Cayman Islands! Retrip is always spot on with advice and accurate information:-)

15. Re: here for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about George Town