We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

TENNESSEE
Level Contributor
12 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

We were in GCM 12/20/09-12/27/09 and we ate twice at Luca which is located in the Carribean Club. It is easy walking distance from the Ritz. Best resturant on the island. Great seafood and pasta with reasonable prices. Great service. Do not miss this place.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,106 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

Thanks for the recommendation. Be sure to post a restaurant review here on TA so many more folks can read it.

Maryland
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

We are planning on getting married in GCM at the end of May and have chosen Luca as our reception site. Do you have any favorite food suggestions? We are still planning out the menu! Thank you!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,872 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

Luca is my favorite restaurant on the island practically since it first opened. Have been lots of times with lots of different friends, and never had a bad choice. Usually we ask friends on the island to pick the restaurant and Luca is the choice time and time again. The tasting menu is beautiful. Thanks for mentioning this wonderful spot!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

I'll put my 2 cents in as well, Luca is a great restaurant. We really enjoyed it when we went.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
25 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

I'm going to GCM at the end of February, and am planning which restaurants to try. You say the prices are 'reasonable' how much is the average meal for 2 people?

USA
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

You can find the Luca menu on Cayman Good Taste website:

www.caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_menu.asp…

Be aware the prices are CI ($0.80 US = $1.00 CI).

USA
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

Sorry...I had the conversion reversed:

$1.00 CI = $1.25 US (I think this correct) and $1.00 US = $0.80 CI.

"Reasonable" is relative, obviously.

TENNESSEE
Level Contributor
12 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

The tuna is excellent and the chicken pasta tossed in truffel oil was wonderful. You might want to have a pasta station set up with small plates and a seafood station set up with he tuna served with a wasabi sauce. By the way we did a private sunset sail on Christmas Eve and it was fantastic. If you would like a special treat for the wedding party say the night before the wedding I would recoomend this. You can bring your own wine etc as well as food. Great time. Let me know and I will give tou the name and number.

TENNESSEE
Level Contributor
12 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

Depends on how much you can drink, just kidding. I will tell you this,if you like tuna the tuna dish will feed 2 people. That and a salad and you are set.

TN
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Great Resturant on 7 Mile Beach

We shared a salad, a bottle of wine and each had an entree from the "specials" menu. The total bill was about $125 USD . VERY reasonable for the experience. Great restaurant !