We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for extending our trip

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for extending our trip

We have a two-nights' stay at the Ritz Carlton secured, but we'd like to stay a couple of nights longer on the island and would like some ideas on a non-resort experience. For example, we'd like to take an overnight sailing tour or spend a couple of days on a vessel that accommodates a few folks so that we can meet others. Or is there a bed and breakfast that is in another area of the island. Haven't heard any input or feedback on the botanical gardens on these posts. My husband likes to hike, any ideas?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for extending our trip

Can't help you with most of your questions but you will not find any hiking spots on the CI's. Very flat island(s).

The botanical gardens are very nice but they are not the biggest or the most diverse by any stretch. So I don't want to overinflate your hopes re: the gardens.

You should do Stringray City.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,884 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for extending our trip

I have been going for years and spend almost all of my time diving. I am sorry to say I have not made it out east by land, but hope to. That may be more of a hiking place (don't know -- just a thought). Most of the villas are 3-nights only -- how long can you stay for. The only "live aboards" that I know of run diving trips, but perhaps there are others. Good luck!--a do Stingray City~~~

George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for extending our trip

Hmm... I wouldn't UNDERplay the Botanic Gardens in Cayman. They are small, but I'm very proud of our Botanic Gardens.

From the orchids in the colour garden to the iguanas roaming around to the Caymanian house to the trail to the porch in the main building... it is a wonderful and definitively Cayman experience.... for people who love Botanic Gardens, don't miss it.

As to hiking, the Mastic Trail is worth doing, but it is a rough trail and you'd need a guide, any resort concierge can help you with pre-booking guides.

Sounds to me like you'd like to stay out in the Eastern Districts for a few days for a different experience..... check out reviews on this and other sites for the various inns, hotels, condos etc that are available.

4. Re: Ideas for extending our trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 19, 2009