We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 mile beach condos

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
7 mile beach condos

We are a family of 5 looking to go to Grand Cayman in May. Looking for the quieter northern part of 7 mile beach. I have been looking at the following condo complexes. Plantana, Christopher Columbus Discovery Point and the Avalon. Has anyone stayed at any of these condos recently. What would be the pros and cons of each. I understand there is some ironshore by Discovery Point but we like to snorkel but also want a nice beach. Wanted to stay at the Meridian but there seems to be too much construction going around that part of 7 mile beach. We want something quiet(meaning no construction) with good snorkeling close by. Any comments would be appreciated or any other suggestions as to good places to stay.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,889 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 7 mile beach condos

We did Avis for years and the last couple of times were not thrilled with the car. The last time we used Andy's (recommendations from other posters) and we were delighted. Great location at the airport, the car was fine and it was cheaper than Avis even with the "corporate discount". Good luck!

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Discovery Point is asking us if we would like them to reserve a car for us. I have not contacted them about prices yet. Wondering if we are better off booking ourselves or have them do it for us. Has anyone ever had any experience with the property reserving a car for them?

Columbus Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: 7 mile beach condos

We have been going to Grand Cayman for 30 years and we stay at Harbour Heights. It is mid-way on 7 mile beach - far enough away from the "crowds" at the Westin, but close enough to walk there if you want to people watch.. Each condo has an ocean view - it is set up like a horseshow, with a large pool and landscaping in the center. We love the managers there, and the beach is 400 feet of sand with lots of shade too. There is a vacant propoerty on one side, and a local beach which is hardly crowded on the other.

The Coopers

Middleville...
Level Contributor
353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 7 mile beach condos

I have been to GC 4 time and my folks have been there more than 20. We always rent from Andy's. Your research is correct.

Columbus Ohio
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: 7 mile beach condos

We always rent from Avis (30 years) and perhaps if you ask, they would "meet" the price of Andy's. I;m not sure they will, but we love the folks at Avis and always have a great car.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Thanks I think we will stick with Andys.

England
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: 7 mile beach condos

We stayed at the Avalon in January 2006 and had a fantastic holiday. It's not the cheapest of the condos but it is certainly a great choice. We didn't have a bad word to say about the place. It's at the quieter end of 7 mile beach but still close enough for shops and restaurants etc. The beach is fantastic, and never seems to get crowded, and there is great snorkelling close by. Returned to Cayman this January and a lot of the construction work is now completed, althought there is ongoing work still. It shouldn't disturb your enjoyment. The Ritz Carlton is now complete, and although I think it is a monstrosity, it is better than the building site it was last year. Further down the beach towards georgetown the Lacovia is another great choice. The conos are really well appointed, the beach is great and it doesn't seem to get crowded. Also great for its proximity to the shops and restaurants. No need to hire a car in these condos.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 7 mile beach condos

i have stayed at Avalon and visted Discovery - Avalon is much better but proably more money...avalon beach is much better! alos with avalon you are within waling distance to hyatt and westin for lunch and dinner...also across for avalon is grocery store.

19. Re: 7 mile beach condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, August 23, 2009