We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 mile beach condos

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
7 mile beach condos

We are a family of 5 looking to go to Grand Cayman in May. Looking for the quieter northern part of 7 mile beach. I have been looking at the following condo complexes. Plantana, Christopher Columbus Discovery Point and the Avalon. Has anyone stayed at any of these condos recently. What would be the pros and cons of each. I understand there is some ironshore by Discovery Point but we like to snorkel but also want a nice beach. Wanted to stay at the Meridian but there seems to be too much construction going around that part of 7 mile beach. We want something quiet(meaning no construction) with good snorkeling close by. Any comments would be appreciated or any other suggestions as to good places to stay.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,889 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Try Lacovia. We have stayed in the ground floor 3 bedroom that opens onto to the beach. It was great. I didn't care that much for a unit we had that was facing the parking lot. They have some that face the gardens == haven't stayed in them. I also recommend Britannia Villas. You can stay along the canal or golf course. Absolutely beautiful, but a bit of a walk to across to the beach. No problem with a car. Good luck!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,464 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Of those you mentioned, since you were considering Meridian (where we have stayed) seems like Avalon is the place for you! Very lovely condos, great beach, nice pool, quiet, yet also very conveniently located.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,840 posts
135 reviews
3. Re: 7 mile beach condos

I would look into Plantana. You are close to the Westin, but it is quieter by Plantana. You are walking distance to snorkeling.

The beach by Plantana ia wonderful.

Knoxville TN
8 posts
1 review
4. Re: 7 mile beach condos

We just returned from the Grandview Condos. Very quiet right on the beach and a great pool.

cayman islands
Level Contributor
156 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Hi , here are some comments on the condos you've picked out.

Christopher Columbus is one of the oldest condos on the Seven Mile Beach and it looks it. Plantana is nice and is on one of the best parts of Seven Mile Beach, it's further down the beach from the main action so it's quiet. Discovery Point is quite rocky on the beach, I would pass on it if you have children traveling with you. The Avalon is nice with nice beach. Of the 4 I would pick the Avalon or Plantana either of them have nice beach although I think Plantana will be quieter.

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Check out the reviews on each property - have what I hope is a fairly detailed review on Plantana from May '06 at (hope the link works):

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147367-d151100…

The other condo recommendations listed above are consistent with responses to questions similar to yours.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
7. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. We have decided on Discovery Point. Yes I know it is rocky but we love snorkeling so this should be a good thing for us. I was torn between Plantana and Discovery Point. The thing that pushed me to Discovery Point was their management. They were always prompt in getting back to me with answers and have been more than helpful. With Plantana I always felt that I was disturbing them by asking questions. It didn't leave me with a good feeling.

Once again many thanks for all your help.

Zionsville, Indiana
Level Contributor
147 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Totally agree with you re: Plantana's management response.

Have a great vacation!

West Virginia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Amacmom,

Are you renting a car?

Snorkeling right off the beach from your condo is awesome but you will probably want to tour the island and snorkel at other spots also.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
10. Re: 7 mile beach condos

Yes, we are going to rent a car. We want to see everything. From my research I believe we can walk to cemetary beach. Any other suggestions out there for not to miss snorkeling spots? One other thing, where is a good place to rent a vehicle. I was thinking Andys?

Is this a good choice or is there something better?