We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A wonderful restaurant by the airport...

Macomb, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
A wonderful restaurant by the airport...

I just had a delightful light lunch (while waiting for NSS’s plane to arrive) at the George Town Yacht Club. The seafood chowder and conch cerviche were both delicious. This restaurant is just 2 minutes from the airport (when exiting the airport go right instead of left, or when approaching the airport go straight past the car rental places. The prices were very good. The bartender told me they were working to become an arrival/departure lounge. They open at 11 am, and hope to start serving breakfast in January.

They also have an “all you can eat” curry buffet every Tuesday night (5pm to 9 pm) for $23 CI. Hi Tide plays there every Tuesday.

They do take out (they even supply plastic utensils) so this would be a great place to either have a “last meal” after checking in at the airport but before turning in your rental car, or for ordering some great food to eat while waiting in the terminal for your plane.

http://www.barcadere.com/News/720

caymangoodtaste.com/restaurants_detail.asp…

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A wonderful restaurant by the airport...

I've eaten there a few times now and it was good, we sometimes go for lunch as it makes a pleasant change from the places we normally eat at. Last time I was there they had hunting shows on a few of the TVs so we got to enjoy a guide to shooting and preparing deer as we ate

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,387 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A wonderful restaurant by the airport...

I've heard wonderful things about it to, but I think I would rather watch someone like Wolfgang working in his kitchen than hunting and preparing deer while I'm eating. Reminds me a flight through Miami years ago when the inflight movie was about a cruise ship that was hit by a rogue wave (a remake -- Shelly Winters was in the original, cannot remember the name). Ironically many of the people on the plane were on their way to a cruise ship. Same wicked sense of humor I guess!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A wonderful restaurant by the airport...

The Poseidon Adventure? There was indeed a (terrible) remake recently

Yacht Club has some nice pickles and spices they serve alongside the dishes, helps liven things up a bit. The pulled pork burger was delicious, as was the Mexican pizza. I think the other things I've eaten there have been temporary offerings

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,945 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A wonderful restaurant by the airport...

Pizza is top notch and the pulled pork is not half-bad. It became our go to pre-flight waiting area late last year,

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A wonderful restaurant by the airport...

This is a great tip, thanks very much. I took a drive out there while I was there during the summer, just to get a better feel for other parts of the island that I don't normally see. Now i know there's some good food to be had there as well!

6. Re: A wonderful restaurant by the airport...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman