We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

I love the research and planning part of vacation but when I've finally decided how, when and where, I get terrible anxiety when coming to the commitment stage. I keep second guessing myself especially when it's somewhere new. I'm at that point with Grand Cayman and the day to do the deed is tomorrow. I'm gonna love it there right? :)

London UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

Yes.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

We have all been first time I visitors, bite the bullet and go for it! We have been vacationing in Cayman for twenty years with no desire to go anywhere else.

I don't know you but my guess is yes, you will love White Sands and Grand Cayman.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

44 years...but very nervous the first time ......only a few flights there a week

Loved it...tried a few other places, but kept coming back

Edited: 9:05 pm, June 27, 2013
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,030 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

I walked the full length of SMB on Monday (better half had it on the bucket list). White Sands is on a lovely stretch of beach. Virtually no people on the large, well-shaded beach and an adorable complex in the same area as multi-million dollar condos and homes well into the 8 figure range.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

You are going to love it! We are traveling to St. Thomas for my 40th this coming week and very nervous that it will not live up to what we have become accustomed to in Grand Cayman. Perfect beaches, minimal bugs (we never had a problem and my husband gets eaten alive at our beach house in Breezy Point), excellent dining. Just a fantastic place to lose yourself and relax. If you need any advice, please feel free to message me.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

Wow, do I feel better. Thanks so much!!

tdf
New Jersey
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

I know exactly how you feel! I do the same thing! You will not be disappointed! We are finally going back next Spring break after spending the last 3 Spring Breaks in Turks and Caicos. Grand Cayman is a great island. I never felt unsafe and I even drove a car...on the wrong side of the road...for us...LOL! The water is spectacular, the sand is spectacular as are the restaurants! Good Luck! Pull the trigger!

Let us know where you are thinking of staying.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

velvetflip,congrats on the 40th. Will be interested in hearing your thoughts on St. Thomas as compared to GCM. We've been there, done that. Very different islands. Do try to get to St. John.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

tdf, thanks for that and it's interesting that you are returning after numerous trips to Turks&Caicos which we love and wondered if GCM could compare. The problem in Provo in Feb, is that it might not be warm enough for me.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,564 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do you get nervous when "pulling the trigger"?

I had absolutely no desire to visit GC. Actually went kicking and screaming.