We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking excursions

Michigan
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Booking excursions

We are staying in Grand Cayman for a week the first part of April. Is it better to book excursions in advance or can it be done when we get there. I know this is a busy time due to spring break. I know for sure we would like to do Sting Ray City

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,750 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking excursions

Where are you staying? If you have a concierge they can pretty much make your arrangements for you. Easter Week (like Presidents Week, Christmas week etc are the busiest times -- not sure when Easter is this year).

Unless you are there for one of those weeks you probably don't need to worry too much. However, you should book Stingray City as early in your week as you can. That way if the weather turns snotty in the North Sound and the police close it the ops, you have a chance to reschedule your trip --- it is well worth it. Still love it after being dozens of times. Have a great time.

Michigan
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking excursions

We are staying on the north side closer to Rum Point in a condo/house. Easter is on March 31st this year and we are leaving the next day April 1st so that is why I was wondering about booking it ahead of time. We are planning on doing Stingray City on that Tuesday

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,750 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking excursions

In that case you might want to book ahead. Red Sail Sports has some boats that go from there but not sure if you get alot of cruisers since they flock to Rum Point. You can always check out the websites of different ops. It would be nice to get picked up right there. Need to figure out if your group wants to go the the Sandbar (3 to 5ft) or Stingray City (12 to 15ft). We have done both many times. My daugher was barely 4 the first time she went to Stingray City -- the ops will look after you!!!! Might want to book dinner at Kaibo. Tukka, etc too. There are not as many restaurants out there and it will be a busy week. You guys should have a great time.

NEW JERSEY
Level Contributor
32 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking excursions

We go every year Easter week and it is best to book your excursion ahead of time. We stay on East End, There are several private charters that will take you to sting ray city from rum point. I suggest doing everything in the afternoon to avoid cruise crowds.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking excursions

I have a few questions and if any one can answer I would be very grateful

1. We will be arriving via cruise ship to the Caymans at the end of this month and wondering if there any tours that can be found at the pier that offer both beginners diving and snorkelling at Sting Ray city ? we would like to do both experiences on the day we are there. Will we have enough time to do both activites ?

2. also on that day we would like to add some beach time. Is the closest beach to the port Seven Mile beach ?

3. another activity we are interested in is the Turtle farm. how long does it take to get there from the port ? and how much time is needed to visit. entrance fees ?

I prefer not to book the cruise ships excursions. We want to be a flexible as possible.

6. Re: Booking excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 15, 2014