We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we stay?

Coventry, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where should we stay?

Hi,

My wife and I want to go to Cayman's mid march for 5 or 6 days..

We know nothing of the island ..

Which is better?

Bodentown?

Georgetown?

7 mile beach?

Northside?

East End?

West Bay?

We are traveling without kids this time.. just to get away from the snow in the northeast.. Just to relax and unwind...

Any recommendations for accomodations or things to do would be very appreciated.. We would be snorkelers....

Thanks in advance...

1. Re: Where should we stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:29 pm, April 15, 2005
Virginia
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should we stay?

Seven Mile beach is my #1 choice

Rum Point area (sand point road) my #2 choice

Everything happens around 7MB, other areas will not have as many amenities.

RI
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should we stay?

Hi, my husband and I will be there mid March also!

We have stayed on 7 mile beach 3 times, once central 7 mile and twice northern 7 mile. We much preferred northern when we went without our teenagers because it is so quiet and the beach is gorgeous.

Central 7 mile is within walking distance of the movies, internet cafe, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

This year we are staying at the Turtle Nest Inn in Bodden Town, for a change (and because the snorkeliing is really great right in front of the Inn).

If I were going for the first time, and I didn't mind driving (on the left!) I would stay on the northern part of 7 mile.

Be careful when you reserve, because some places take a about 40 minutes to drive into Georgetown; you don't want that the first time, or maybe you do?

I would never stay at a big hotel, you get much more for your money renting a condo.

Have a great time -

If Smuggler's Cove is open again, try the Chilean Sea Bass and make sure you get a table by the window.

Cafe Del Sol is wonderful for coffee, sandwiches, smoothies and a computer fix.

Breezes by the Bay is up on the second floor facing the cruise ships - it's relaxing to sit outside and people/boat watch.

Also at all three of these places the service has been so wonderfully friendly.

Oh - and we had the best experience renting a car with Andy's.

The Caymans have beautiful beaches and wonderful people.

It's so good that you are going, they need the income from tourism to help them recover from Ivan.

Sorry to be so longwinded; hope I've been helpful.

Barbara from RI

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should we stay?

For a first time visitor, I would recommend staying on 7 mile beach.

olympiad
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where should we stay?

Hi!

My family has been to Grand Cayman twice and have stayed both times on the east end of the island, preferring to be away from all the tourist traffic and cruise ship crowds. The east end is lovely and feels much more like you are on a secluded island. There were only 2 resorts I believe and some private homes . The east end has excellent diving and snorkeling as well. We stayed at the Reef Resort and at Morritts Tortuga- both are beautiful. It is a bit of a drive out there but for us it was perfect. We made the trip back to 7 mile beach once or twice but really didn't mind the drive.

Coventry, Rhode...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where should we stay?

Thank you all for your help..

I think we will stay at 7 mile

Ken

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where should we stay?

I agree with those recommending 7MB for the first time. Personally, I prefer 7MB or West Bay every time we go. Even though 7MB is the "busy" part of the island, it really isn't THAT busy since Cayman is such a small island.