We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster Pot

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
Lobster Pot

I read that the Lobster Pot sustained a small fire and is temporarily closed. Anyone know when it is scheduled to reopen? It's a family favorite and we'll be back on the island mid February.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,265 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster Pot

They were hoping to reopen by Christmas after the Thanksgiving fire. Their webpage and the Lobster Pot listing on caymangoodtaste still note that it is closed. Maybe by February? It's one of our favorites, too.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster Pot

Soon come!

Everything takes a little longer in Cayman

Edited: 2:18 pm, January 16, 2012
Illinois City...
Level Contributor
270 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster Pot

We were just there last week and it looked like they were working on it. not close to opening yet by the looks of it from the road. We missed going there too....next time!!!

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster Pot

Thanks, I know how slowly things can progress on the island, but I'll keep on hoping that it will be open again during our trip. I have a hankering for a Screaming Turtle.

New Hope...
Level Contributor
740 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot progress report

compasscayman.com/caycompass/…

Edited: 8:39 pm, May 09, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobster Pot

Yay! Just booked the annual February trip and cannot wait to go back.

Edited: 6:12 pm, June 17, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobster Pot

Any new updates on the Lobster Pot reopening? I read on the website that they are looking to reopen in December but was wondering if anyone had more current or first hand information?

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lobster Pot

Any updates?

9. Re: Lobster Pot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 03, 2014