We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do on SMB with teenagers

texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do on SMB with teenagers

I would like suggestions for activities with teenagers in March on SMB. Dining suggestions and where to listen to music etc.

Are places close to the Westin? What kind of transportation is available What is the condition of the Westin. I read different reports.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do on SMB with teenagers

It sort of depends on the teen's ages as to where they can go. Well, I mean they can go anywhere but what type of night time activities they'd like. As the drinking age is 18, that's also something that should be discussed prior to island arrival. They can take cabs back and forth if they're drinking or just walk to some locations.

Dining runs the gamut so I'd suggest reading up on the boards(I'm not being lazy or being rude :) caymanrestaurants.com Remember most pricing is in CI so it costs more in US.

Some suggestions for casual places would be Coconut Joe's and Lonestar. Naturally there's fast food galore too. There aren't really dance clubs that are geared for teens at least that's what my own have said over the years. Their personal opinion was they felt out of place and a bit apprehensive. My older married daughter enjoyed 'O-bar'(sure hope I got that right) but the ones who were 22 and under didn't. Most nights found them watching DVD's in the condo after we all went out to dinner together.

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do on SMB with teenagers

The "O" bar is a great place for teens over the age of 18. As far as activities during the day there runs the gamut from tubing, water scooters, skiing, para-sailing, snorkleing. Of course you have to take a trip to Stingray City and then to the Reef and go snorkeling and see the incredible undersea life. I highly recommend using Ebankswatersports with Capt. Shawn Ebanks for this. That is who we used and had a blast with them. He also has a ski boat on the beach for tubing and has waterscooters. So much fun. As far as hotel, we really liked the Courtyard Grand Cayman. It is right across the street from the public beach and gives the kids instant access to either the pool or the beach with every activity you can imagine right there. The hotel had a great restaurant for breakfast and there is a great little beach side restaurant for lunch. There is also a workout room and a gift shop in the hotel. The staff was exceptional. Coconut Joe's is a great place to eat for lunch or supper. Good luck and have fun!

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman