We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When we were at GC last trip ['00] we saw a live show on a...

Indy
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
When we were at GC last trip ['00] we saw a live show on a...

'home' to the Westin from there. Was this the Reef by chance? It was a blast and such a nice walk back to the Westin.

This year we're staying at the Ritz which I think is somewhere around there and I'm wondering if we'll be able to do this again.

Thanks.

Trish

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When we were at GC last trip ['00] we saw a live show on a...

Um...if you walked back from the Reef you are one superhuman! All kidding aside, the Reef is quite a distance on the other side of the island from the Westin. I'm not familiar with the show on the beach that you saw but can tell you that the Ritz is where the old Holiday Inn was located and it's 2 places over from the Westin.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When we were at GC last trip ['00] we saw a live show on a...

I don't remember anything except we ate dinner there and then stayed for the entertainment on the beach, a band of sorts [there was some alcohol involved]...we did walk for about 10 minutes but it was a nice walk along the beach from the Westin.

Trish

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When we were at GC last trip ['00] we saw a live show on a...

I stayed at the Westin back in June 2000 and am trying to recall if we encountered anything like it. Both Marriot or Treasure Island hotels may have hosted something on the beach but I just can't recall it--and depending on how quickly you walk, I suppose you could do it. I also think Holiday Inn may have been already torn down in 2000 so my original guess of you're being entertained there would be wrong.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When we were at GC last trip ['00] we saw a live show on a...

I posted this question a few other places and it sounds like it was probably Royal Palms for anyone interested. They have live music most evenings and it's walking distance. Woo Hoo! ;o)

Trish

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When we were at GC last trip ['00] we saw a live show on a...

Oh...hadn't thought of that place.

Here's a link to their site

http://www.reefgrill.com/index.html