We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

outwest
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

We will be staying at the Sunshine Suites soon and when confirming our reservations was given a 2nd floor 1 bedroom suite with windows towards the pool area. Has anyone had any experience staying on the 2nd floor and facing the pool? Are the rooms quiet? Would appreciate your thoughts on that-Getting excited!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
103 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

Hi. We stayed at Sunshine Suites back in 2007 and again in 2008. We've been on both the 2nd floor and the 1st floor. Our 1st floor room faced a building under construction...we weren't in the room much so it didn't really bother us but we both preferred our stay in the 2nd floor room. It faced the office/pool area instead of the building behind Sunshine Suites.

It's definitely better to get a room facing the pool side instead of the back side facing the building due to the better view. We did not have any noise issues but I always travel with ear plugs...they really come in handy if you're on a flight with screaming kids....

Don't miss Stingray City & Rum Point!

Have fun!

outwest
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

Thanks so much for your reply-We will definitely do Rum Point and Stingray City-Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

I'm writing this FROM Sunshine suites - we have a first floor room facing the pool - unless a terribly rowdy crowd moves in you should have nothing to worry about.

I't been really nice and quiet here. No noise to speak of and the pool closes at 10pm. Happy traveling!!

outwest
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

wow-thank u for taking time out from your visit to add a reply. How is your trip going? How is the beach and water???? We are counting down the days! ENJOY!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

I too am at Sunshine suites and have a 3rd floor room ( requested) facing the North Sound ( back side) and thinking that we would have less noise, the people on either side and down the hall slammed their doors repeatedly last night. So it is unavoidable how guests will act in consideration of other guests.

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

Thanks, the trip is goimg well! How long till you are here? If you have any specific questions I'll try to answer them - we're here for another week and I get in to check the computer every so often just to take a break.

I'll post a trip report after but I will be putting in a plug for something we did last night with cayman kayaks - I believe that's the name - a Bioluminescent (sp) kayak tour that was worthwhile and easy for any level of paddler, even a rank beginner. This takes place up at Rum Point and only when the moon is less tha 1/4 to 1/2 full.

Happy Trails...

outwest
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

We have about 60 days until we arrive-but who is counting? Thanks much both of you for your posts. Hope you are enjoying the Suites and the island. We have been to Grand Cayman before but this will be our first stay at the Sunshine Suites. Are the rooms sound proof? Doors slamming can be a bit frustrating..........and like u said, out of our control. Do you walk over and use the Governor's beach or Westin's beach? How has that been? How is the snorkeling over there? I am excited to see that part of 7 mile beach. We will be renting a car and plan on going to many different snorkeling sites. Have there been plenty of beach chairs and beach towels? One thing at Comfort Suites that I didn't care for was that there was always like a musty type smell in the rooms-Do the Sunshine Suites have this too? I read on some post that some locals live in the Sunshine Suites-Does the pool area get crowded? I appreciate u sharing your experiences!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

Well first of all, we haven't had much time yet to beach it. There are about 15 lounge chairs around the pool and they have have these great long towels that fit over the chairs - except they are short a few. There are regular sized towels also available. I'm not real interested in walking across the street and using the beach - I'd rather be near my own bathroom, refreshments, and as long as I have sun and a pool, I'm good to go. The food here is great as well.

In the few days that we've been here the pool area, though small, has not been crowded. As far as locals living here, if they do I assume they are gone to work during the day! There is no musty smells in our room and it's clean and well kept. And as I said, it's been very quiet at night.

Today we're going diving with Divers Down so this will be the first time in the water - perhaps someone else can speak to snorkeling.

Adios for now!!

NY
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

Well we lost power around 1:30 am but it was back up by 2 am so that's good. I do smell a slight musty smell but not enough to drive me out of here, usually more noticeable coming into the room and the ac had been turned down.

They give you plenty of towels ( we have 4) and the chairs are available in the am, so grab one .

Crossing the street is tricky but doable next to the Westin beach area. On Sunday it was nice around 4pm. Yesterday and today it has been very windy with the surf up quite a bit and only snorkle area that was calm was Eden's rock in Georgetown. Check the reef grill web cam for a view of the surf.

This is our 3rd trip to GC and we are going to try some new snorkeling areas like Queen's monument and further out on Rum point weather permitting. Definitely try all the different places you can snorkle ( nice map we have shows you) or just do a search on here.

I like the Cali ship, Eden's rock, Tortuga bay, Smith's cove, and have yet to reach the cemetery reef or governor's . Hopefully the surf will die down , otherwise it's back to Eden's Rock and Devil's grotto.

A huge savings at SS, free internet, (bring laptop) free breakfast, free 5th night, free towels ( more room to pack souvenirs) free chairs!

outwest
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunshine Suites 2nd Floor Room

Thanks! Hopefully the surf will die down and allow you great diving and snorkeling. Eden Rock has great snorkeling with the tarpon and parrot fish and the caves that are out there. We will be snorkeling at all the sights you mentioned along with Rum Point -will always remember seeing our first eagle ray and lobsters there. We haven't snorkeled at quite a few of those spots listed but do plan on it, so I know we'll have a great time.

We are grateful they have beach towels and chairs that we can take with us to the beach (and nice long ones too boot)-Will make more room in the suitcase! The free internet is a nice bene too as is the free breakfast. All those items add up and that, along with the savings on the room, compared to others in the area, have allowed us to come back to Grand Cayman once again. Lucky us!

Thanks again for all the info and have a WONDERFUL stay!

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman