We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive adult only resorts?

MN
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Topic
all inclusive adult only resorts?

We are a group of 7 researching our trip for next March. Does anyone know of any hotels in the Grand Cayman area that is all inclusive, adults only and at least a 4 star with some fun night life??? Is the seven mile beach a good place to look? Any advice would be great!!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive adult only resorts?

mn snow bird,

did u ever find any answers to your qustions? i'm planning my wife's and my honey moon and are looking for a similar place? let me know what you ended up doing. thanks.

Brian

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive adult only resorts?

I don't think the Cayman Islands has the AI type hotel/resorts or adults only types of resorts you are looking for....IF that is an important criteria for you in a honeymoon.

Have you looked into St. Lucia? I was on a thread the other day, and one poster had essentially the same dilemma as yourself. St. Lucia is an incredibly, lush beautiful island, and it a BIG honeymoon destination. The island has 3 Sandals, plus several other resorts that are AI...and that cater mostly to adults....(if not all adults). Jalousie Plantation, Rendezvous Resort, Body Holiday by LeSport. (I stayed in the Jalousie last summer).

Also Ti Kaye Village is a top rated destination on St. Lucia for honeymooners, but I do not think it is AI. Many, many honeymooners choose to stay at that resort.

If you have not looked into St. Lucia yet, I would at least take a drop into some of the forums, and see what you think.

Good Luck!

p.s. Have you looked into Jamaica? many AI/adults only options on that island.

The Bucati in Aruba is also AI, (not adult only) but extremely popular for honeymoons.

Also,try El Dorado Royale in the Yucatan Peninsula....I know it's adults only, and (I think) AI, as well.

Hope this helps!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive adult only resorts?

If you can do without the all inclusive, it may not be such a bad idea to rent a condo for a week. If you pick one close to a hotel such at Hyatt, Westin, etc you'll be able to just walk next door and grabe a bite and do water sports.

Most kids are in school during March, so chances are there won't be too many kids.

Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
510 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive adult only resorts?

mn snow bird,

I just popped in here to check out Grand Cayman for the same reasons myself!

Looks like we'll stick to Jamacia/Negril (been there 4 times and love it)!

Many all inclusive adults only resorts, Sandals, Couples (numerous), Grand Lido, Hedonism. Check out www.DennyP.com and negrilonestop.com

Chester, Illinois
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive adult only resorts?

resortvacationstogo.com lists all-inclusive adults-only resorts. We've been spoiled by this concept and unless we are traveling with children we won't stay at any other type.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive adult only resorts?

there is definitely no all inclusive adult only resort in Grand Cayman, sorry !

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,701 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive adult only resorts?

I'm looking for the same thing. Someone advised checking out St. Lucia. I don't advise it. Been there, beautiful but not a good experience. Check out St. Lucia forums. Aruba is wonderful. Stayed at the Divi, AI and you have privliges at the Tamarijn just down the beach. Beach is wonderful and no one hassles you or tries to sell you things. Riviera Maya also has wonderful AI's and they have gated resorts and the beaches on these resorts are private and my oh my, the selection of food is outstanding. Both have wonderful snorkeling.

Indy
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive adult only resorts?

I have been to AI at playa del carmen and it was lovely [secrets capri if you are interested]. But I much prefer the non-AI experience. Especially if you are at an island like Grand Cayman Aruba or Turks & Caicos. There "no one hassles you or tries to sell you things" as someone mentioned and you get to experience the world outside your resort.

I highly recommend trying a non-AI at a location other than Jamaica or Nassau for a wonderful experience.

Trish