We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Hyatt Ocean Suites and Good Restaurants?

NYC
2 posts
Save Topic
Staying at the Hyatt Ocean Suites and Good Restaurants?

I just booked for 7 nights at teh Hyatt Ocean View suites .. any info on this hotel and experiences?

Also ... can someone recommend some nice quality restaurants for dinner?

Thank you!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the Hyatt Ocean Suites and Good Restaurants?

Reef Grill is wonderful. Our favorite meal was Pappagalos.

2. Re: Staying at the Hyatt Ocean Suites and Good Restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:14 pm, July 23, 2005
George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the Hyatt Ocean Suites and Good Restaurants?

The Sushi restaurant right at the Hyatt Beach Suites is Bamboo... very expensive... but well worth it... Chef Kaz is a maestro :)

Marlboro, New Jersey
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the Hyatt Ocean Suites and Good Restaurants?

Just returned from Grand Cayman yesterday. It was my 10th trip because I have family who lives there. Hemingway's (in the hotel) is quite good. I had lunch there on Monday. Also, try Edoardo's, which is also on Seven Mile Beach. The food is delicious and reasonably priced, and it has a varied wine list. Grand Old House is fancier and more expensive, but really excellent. It is on South Sound Rd., so you'll need to take a taxi.

Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the Hyatt Ocean Suites and Good Restaurants?

I havent been in the hotel but it looks nice from the outside.

You'll be able to get a bus into George Town for $2CI each way per person, and this will provide more restaurants for you.

For mexican food goto Lone Star or DJs.

For lovely steak goto Copper Falls.

For local food definately goto Cracked Conch.

For great Thai try Thai Orchid.

To view all the tourists from the cruise ships have lunch at Breeze.

Connecticut
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at the Hyatt Ocean Suites and Good Restaurants?

Just returned from a week on Grand Cayman. The Calypso Grill has excellent seafood. You will need a car to get there. The Lobster Pot in Georgetown was also good. Aqua Beach is good for casual food.

usa
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at the Hyatt Ocean Suites and Good Restaurants?

Just back from GC last week and Ragazzi's (Italian) is still as good as it was 5 years ago! It's just across and down a bit from the Hyatt.