We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starfish Beach

Santiago
Level Contributor
207 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
Starfish Beach

Could anyone out there please give me the exact directions to the beach with all the starfish, which is reputed to be near to Rum Point. We have been to Grand Cayman many times, but this would be something new for us to go and see. Thanks in anticipation.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Starfish Beach

Here it is:

caymanlandinfo.ky/AtlasPages/gcpage105.pdf

Santiago
Level Contributor
207 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Starfish Beach

Thanks Northside Sue. I am trying to get into the website but am having difficulties with the log in system????? Hopefully will work it out.

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Starfish Beach

If you are getting into the Caymanlandinfo site, you don't need to log in. Scroll down a little and click on Grand Cayman. When the map comes up, click on 105.

Santiago
Level Contributor
207 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Starfish Beach

North Side Sue

Thank you for the info, I have looked at the map. Does one park at the Kaibo Yacht club then walk to the right along the beach towards Kai Point or are the starfish to be seen right there at the public beach?

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Starfish Beach

Drive past Kaibo Yacht Club. You can go all the way to the end of Ivory Point.

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Starfish Beach

I just returned from Cayman on a family vacation for a week. Rented skis for 2 days from www.Fatfishadventures.com. Peter, the owner was the nicest guy and showed us many interesting sites we would have never seen on our own. I would call to see many great spots like Starfish Point!

Also stayed in a rental home on the North Side,

called "coconut beach". Great house on the beach with really great snorkeling in the back yard. Rented house through www.grandcaymanvillas.net

Santiago
Level Contributor
207 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Starfish Beach

North Side Sue

Thank you for all your help. We now know exactly where we are at. We will have family visiting us in Grand Cayman this year for our daughters wedding, so we really want to show off the island.

Thanks again

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,739 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Starfish Beach

adegroat,

I contacted fatfish and they will only do private snorkels........did you have a group of people? It's way too much money for just the two of us, but I would like to see other snorkel spots besides barrier reef, coral gardens and the sandbar.

I can't seem to find anyone who does a group snorkel that goes to other places.

9. Re: Starfish Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman