We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Airport????

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Shuttle from Airport????

Can anyone tell me if there is a shuttle from the Airport to the Grand Caymanian Resort? Or if not what a cab/shuttle will cost? Thanks for the help.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,879 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

I would contact the Grand Caymanian directly and ask them. When we don't have a car, we find taxis the most convenient way to travel to and from the airport. Good luck!

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,462 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

only transport options are via rental car, taxi, or Tropicana Tour. Per government regulation, individual hotels & resorts are not permitted to offer shuttle service. very few occasions when we have not picked up rental car at airport upon arrival and returned it just prior to departure, but did so twice. Once with Tropicana, the other via taxi. We definitely preferred the taxi...no more costly and no intermiitent stops to pick up/drop off people staying at various places.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

Tropicana tours run shuttles from airport to condo/hotel. You can pre-book or pay at airport. We have always used the shuttle since we have too many people and too much luggage to consider picking up cars at airport. I know we're in the minority but it's always worked for us. A side note is that our friends have been using taxis and they still end up at times having to make stops depending on which taxi(there are 'van' taxis) they take. Obviously the taxis want to have a filled ride if possible. So keep that in mind if you go the taxi route.

We pay $25 US round trip per person from airport to central SMB.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

http://www.tropicana-tours.com/sectfrbook.htm

Pricing is different for various locations similar to the price of a taxi.

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

The site we book through also uses tropicana tours....it is included with our package......I love the fact we don't have to worry about transfers.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

Bumping this post , since I am interested in knowing how much it would cost to get to the Grand C Resort

Is it on the North side? if so .. with that Tropicana site someone mentioned. a taxi is $50 per person?

If so which car rental place is the most reasonable and has no hidden charges?

any updated info is appreciated.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

If Grand Caymanian is considered West Bay area it's $35 US per person round trip. SMB area is $25 per person round trip.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,993 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

My last post was speaking about using Tropican Tours.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
50 reviews
9. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

x US$25.00 per person round-trip (George Town and Seven Mile Beach area)

US$35.00 per person round-trip (West Bay area, ie. Spanish Bay, Cobalt Coast)

US$50.00 per person round-trip (North Side and East End areas)

This is what the Tropicana tours list as prices for airport transportation

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
4,615 posts
26 reviews
10. Re: Shuttle from Airport????

The Grand Caymanian should be considered more of SMB than North Side, as it is in the vicinity of the Ritz and Westin, just on the North Sound (not North Side) rather than SMB. I believe the North Side covers the area near Cayman Kai, Rum Point, etc., which would explain the higher price since it is about 45 minutes from SMB, making it a long ride even from the airport.