We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xmas at grand cayman

marietta
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
xmas at grand cayman

we will be traveling to gc for the holidays and need to know what restaurants will be open on xmas day and if we need reservations?thans,lisa

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,664 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xmas at grand cayman

Certainly all the restaurants at the resorts will be open. I am sure you will need reservations and probably in advance. Even for the Easter brunches you need to make your reservations especially if you want a reasonable sitting time. If you take the time to call your resort you can make the arrangements and they may also know of what is happening at independent venues. Keep in mind that Christmas Eve may also be busy. I am not sure if they celebrate Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) in a big way as they do in the U.K., however, the resorts will certainly be available, however, may be crowded if other restaurants are closed. A few cents for a phone call should take care of everything. Good luck!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: xmas at grand cayman

If you are staying at a resort and you have a good idea of what restaurants you want to go to I would email the concierge and they will be happy to make reservations for you. I've done this on trips at least a month in advance. If you are looking for restaurant suggestions here are a few:

Papagallos

Deckers

Casanova

Calipso Grill

The Wharf

Cimboco-for lunch

Middleville...
Level Contributor
353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xmas at grand cayman

Papagallos was only open for Christmas Eve in 2006. My family stayed over the holiday last year.

If you are arriving on Saturday stock up asap. As all grocery stores are closed on Sunday and most on the 24th and 25th.

We stayed in a condo and had Christmas ham steak grlled on the beach. As for the other replies, I would check into resort's but plan on spending $200 or more for a family of 4 at some of the swankier places.

For us, that was a week worth of groceries.

4. Re: xmas at grand cayman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 03, 2009