We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas Prices??

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
87 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Gas Prices??

Hello,

What are the current gas prices? We'll be on the island in 18 days and I haven't booked a rental car yet. We are planning to book with Andys & are trying to decide what size vehicle to rent. If gas prices are high I think we'll rent a compact (Suzuki Ignis or Suzuki Alto ) lol!

Thanks!!!

Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gas Prices??

Gas prices are higher than here in the US. (But they are higher everywhere in the world compared to the US!)

Get the smallest car you can. The island is not big, so you can go a long way on a tank of gas.

NJ
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas Prices??

Just returned on Saturday. Prices ranged from 3.75-4.20 (cayman$). Not cheap, but island not that big, so unless you do a lot of driving, I wouldn't worry too much about the type of car you get. Get something that's comfortable.

We were on northern end of SMB. Almost every day went down to The Strand area, Georgetown, out to dinner. Also a trip out to Rum Point and once to Bodden Town. Used only about 1/2 tank of gas.

3. Re: Gas Prices??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman