We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
648 posts
87 reviews
Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

I had not seen anyone post anything about this concert coming to 7MB in February 2019. It looks like an amazing music lineup and has the backing of DART and a Richard Branson company, so it will likely be well run.

https://www.kaaboocayman.com/

On the other hand, if you are not crazy about crowds, it might be something you would want to know about if you are booking a condo in that area (near the old Tiki Beach) next February.

15 replies to this topic
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,702 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

Thanks for the info!

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

It's actually north of Tiki Beach - it's in the old wasteland/swamp between the ETH and West Bay Road just south of the roundabout where they join up. They've been prepping the area for a while, now. What has the locals talking right now is what the area is going to be afterwards - as Dart owns it it may be an enhanced event space adjunct for Camana Bay.

It's not a bad line-up for Cayman, for sure.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
648 posts
87 reviews
3. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

And I see it was indeed discussed on the "Cayman Islands forum" previously, so I apologize:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g14736…

I did a search of the "Grand Cayman forum" and there was no prior reference to Kaaboo.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,026 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

Apparently all the hotels are already booked out :)

MA
Level Contributor
721 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

I was so excited to hear about this as it was first big concert that was being promoted early. It also actually falls on a school vacation week, but for the price (& I am sure inflated hotel fare), the lineup doesn’t “wow” me. I think others may enjoy it, but I will travel at another time. I do hear this could be a 3 year event. Anyone else hear that?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
129 posts
364 reviews
6. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

I was also wondering if that land was going to be permanently dedicated to that festival and perhaps other kinds of big events. It's a really big piece of land in a prime area so it's not that then what will happen to it afterwards?

New Hope...
Level Contributor
807 posts
32 reviews
7. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

You are correct. The site will become a concert and special events venue. Orginally it was going to be a Four Seasons Hotel, but the Dart corp. could not get approval to remove the rocks on the beach and in the water in front of the property. The Four Seasons is going to be on the Royal Palms property.

I beg to differ with the Brit, but I am always saddened when native flora and the habitat of animals is destroyed. The area looks like an open sore. I hope that the north part of SMB does not become as congested as the southern and the central part.

(

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
100 reviews
8. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

OH please don't get me wrong - swampland is important to the ecology of the island and it definitely saddens me that more of it is disappearing, but it may be the lesser of evils, because having an even ground may be less of an impact that as 12 story hotel on that site, you know?

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,026 posts
81 reviews
9. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

Well according to the some of the various groups actually involved in overall tourism on the island the final decisions have not been made and as always things change as other opportunities present themselves. Rumors abound. I wouldn’t trust anything you hear or read unless it is the actual government approval for the development and then pictures if the groundbreaking by the developer and hotel brand.

10. Re: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019

We just booked yesterday

Reply to: Kaaboo Cayman---February 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman