We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hote/Condo in Grand Cayman - Need lodging

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
16 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Hote/Condo in Grand Cayman - Need lodging

I need accomadation in Grand Cayman from 12/20/2004 to 12/30/2004. From expedia search, it looks like all hotels and condos are booked. Any suggestions on other reasonable accomadations. I need a place for two adults and 3 chidlren.ThanksJawa

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hote/Condo in Grand Cayman - Need lodging

Check our web site for the latest openings and projections:

www.caymanactivityguide.com/projections.htm

Good luck and have a great vacation!

Joe Stebbins,

Editor

Cayman Activity Guide

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
George Town, Grand...
Level Contributor
763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hote/Condo in Grand Cayman - Need lodging

As there will not be that many properties open, and some of those may have some rooms still out of service, they may be cautious and only take direct bookings for late December and the month or two after that.

Suggest you do a web search on the properties you are looking for and contact a few directly, you will find there is availability :)

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
16 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hote/Condo in Grand Cayman - Need lodging

Thanks everyone who responded to me. I called every single proeprty that I found and nothing is available (clsoed thanks to Ivan). They are asking me to wait till December 15 or so and that would be too late. I bought my flight tickets for arriving on 12/20/2004 and leaving 12/30. I am now thinking of cancelling my trip.

The only place available seems to be a Sammy's Airport Inn. Is it a decent place? Obviouslyh there no reviews about this place.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Jawa

IL
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hote/Condo in Grand Cayman - Need lodging

Jawa,Did you check the Marriott Courtyard Grand Cayman? Looks like they have rooms available during your timeframe.........Steve

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hote/Condo in Grand Cayman - Need lodging

It is important to clarify that if reservations were not available during that week it is because they were SOLD OUT and NOT because there are no hotels or condos open. MANY hotels and condos have been open for weeks, and over 50% of the rooms will be available by the end of November. DOT is re-certifying every facility to insure that they are suitable before allowing them to open, so the rooms that are open will be in the same condition as always.

I would not be surprised to hear that the rooms are sold out for Christmas week as this is fairly common, hurricane or not.

I am sorry to hear that you have tried all of the acommodations on our site and that they are all sold out for the week you want to come.

Anyone planning on visiting the Cayman Isands between December 15th and January 10th (HURRICANE OR NOT) should book their reservations at least 6 months in advance.

Cheers!

Joe Stebbins

Editor,

Cayman Activity Guide

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
16 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hote/Condo in Grand Cayman - Need lodging

Actually, I called every single one of them. All of them are not booked except westin and marioot, but closed (not taking reservations at this time) because of the damages. I have also got messages from over 20 condo owners that they have sustained damages. Some may become avavilable in late November though but no guarantee. So it looks like the problem is due to hurricane and not otherwsie.

Jawa

Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hote/Condo in Grand Cayman - Need lodging

Did you try these two?

Cobalt Coast Resort - Open and taking reservations -- reservations@cobaltcoast.com

Coconut Bay - Open and taking reservations - www.CoconutBayGetaway.com

They have both been open and taking reservations for the last two weeks.

Joe Stebbins

Editor,

Cayman Activity Guide

Mentioned in this post
Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort
Cobalt Coast Grand...
581 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman