We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Hotels which allow smoking

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Hotels which allow smoking

I need to find a luxury hotel anywhere in the Cayman islands which allows smoking within the room, and where the room has direct access to a beach for sunbathing and swimming. Can anyone help?

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Hotels which allow smoking

Perhaps I can help you out. The entire island chain is non smoking indoors. That said, you can smoke on the balconies and on the beach proper (with mindful consideration of others near you). Can't smoke poolside but I've seen people do that without consequences. It's much more difficult to find what you're looking for nowadays. Google "smoke friendly hotels" and you'll find websites that may give you some destination options.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Hotels which allow smoking

Agreed Bozzie. I don't think this is a Cayman issue as much as it is a policy of most hotel brands not to allow their rooms to smell like an ashtray. I still remember occasionally winding up in a designated smoking room but it's been a long time since I've been exposed to a room with that cigarette stench.

Smoking is accommodated on balconies with ashtrays and heavily fined in rooms.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
29 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Hotels which allow smoking

Thanks very much for your prompt response! I really appreciate your input.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Hotels which allow smoking

You could rent an oceanfront, ground floor condo instead of staying in a hotel. While smoking is not permitted in the condos themselves, you can sit on your patio to smoke and enjoy the view at the same time.

5. Re: Luxury Hotels which allow smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 31, 2014