We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Temperature in January

Athens, GA
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Water Temperature in January

I was planning a snorkeling trip at the end of January. What is the water temperature during this time? I am unable to find a site that shows the exact water temperature for GC.

Thanks!

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,511 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Temperature in January

Not sure there is an exact temp to be shown. Currents, winds, depth all vary it constantly. We dive in Cayman year round and can tell you that water temps for snorkelling are nothing to worry about. One side of the island may also vary a few degrees from the other, etc. You can google CI water temps -- here is just one of many

"Grand Cayman Water Temperature:

Water temperatures in Grand Cayman range between the high 70´s Fahrenheit in winter to the mid to high 80´s Fahrenheit in the summer and fall months."

here is another:

Winter - November to April

72°F to 86°F during the day.

64°F to 72°F at night

Water temperature ranges between 78°F and 82°F

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Temperature in January

The water temperature when I was there last week was 78 degrees and quite delightful!

3. Re: Water Temperature in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 18, 2009