We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaibo Yacht Club Condo with kids

Level Contributor
17 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Kaibo Yacht Club Condo with kids

We are staying at the Kaibo Yacht Club Condo's Phase II (4 days not counting travel days) in late Nov 2017 with 2 kids (4 and 6) and will have a car. I read dozens of these posts and the ferry from SMB to Rum point sounded great except we are already on that side of the island. Can you go the other way? I.e. Can we take the ferry "to" SMB AND be able to get back? I just thought the ferry would be a more fun way to do a day trip to the west side of the island. Or is using our car better so we can see more?

Any other kid friendly suggestions (besidesd starfish point and stingray bay). Is Crystal caverns ok for little kids?

Any suggestions on where we can find free wifi (restaurant? Cafe? Library?)

Thank you!!

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condo with kids

You can take the water taxi ferry both directions. Search for recent threads with the website link for schedule. You will need to take a taxi or mini bus from Camana Bay to wherever you are headed on the West side and back to Camana Bay to catch the return ferry.

Kaibo restaurant, Rum Point Club and Over the Edge all have WiFi. I'd be surprised if your unit doesn't as well.

Edited: 10:12 pm, June 26, 2017
Macomb, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condo with kids

I am really surprised your condo does not have wifi. It is almost a given for condo rentals.

Level Contributor
17 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condo with kids

I didn't see it listed so I'll have to email them and ask. I wasn't sure if it was common or not there.

Level Contributor
17 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condo with kids

Excellent, thank you!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condo with kids

Our grandkids were a little older, but they enjoyed the iguana recovey tour at the botanic garden

Also frigate bird feeding around 5 at Tukka

They wouldnprobably enjoy hanging round Rum Point

Edited: 2:21 am, June 27, 2017
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,230 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condo with kids

And a trip out to the stingrays

7. Re: Kaibo Yacht Club Condo with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 29, 2018