We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you drink their water?

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can you drink their water?

Hi! My fiance and I are going to PI for our honeymoon in a few months. Do you know if you can drink the water? We both drink a TON (at least 8 bottles each a day) and don't want to pay each time. We don't mind drinking tap if it is safe! thanks!

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you drink their water?

I'm pretty sure that Peter Island has their own water plant (reverse osmosis), if so, the water should be fine. If you are concerned, e-mail them and ask. You could also pick up a couple of cases of bottled water (which will be far less expensive at a cash and carry , like Road Town Wholesale than buying bottles from PI) in Road Town and bring them over on the ferry with you.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you drink their water?

We drank their tap water in the restaurants regularly and didn't think twice about it. We bought large 1.5L bottles for the room and a few smaller ones which we refilled for use on the beach, etc. Bottled water is expensive there, but so is everything else and we weren't about to schlep over to another island to save a few bucks.

New York
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you drink their water?

I always ask for tap water when I eat there and it was fine. If you decide to buy water, beware of BVI Spring Water, it is reprocessed Government desalinated water and sometimes they forget something or other in the process and as soon as you take the top off the chlorine hits you, like a swimming pool. Buy Dominica water or one you like.

4. Re: Can you drink their water?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island