We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cell Phone Service

ct. usa
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Cell Phone Service

'Plan on being at PI October- I wonder if they have cell service to US ?- I have Verizon. Also, have they added internet connections in the rooms? Should we bring our Ipod?

Thank you,

OWSA

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cell Phone Service

There aren't any US cell phone providers in the BVI, so you will be roaming and fees go up dramatically. I usually suggest to most people with this question to rent a disposable phone and "top up" with minutes from a local provider such as Digicel, CCT Boatphone or BMobile. All of those should work decently on PI, and will cost a fraction of what you'll be paying on your cell. You can rent them from Virgin Gorda branches or on Tortola. Not sure on the internet connections, I would call them and ask, an Ipod can always be good if you go for a jog on the beach, or are just out relaxing.

-Michael

Mentioned in this post
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
Tortola
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
342 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cell Phone Service

Hello:

Verizon is 1.29 for calls in or out of the BVI. Ok if you don't make many calls.

You can also add skype to your computer and then make calls back to USA for .02

If you expect a lot of calls then E-Mail me at tpcook@videoautomation.com and I can tell lyou what to do.

TpCook

South Sound Villa

Virgin Gorda BVI

ct. usa
Level Contributor
454 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cell Phone Service

Thank you both for your kind replies. Tpcook we will most likely take you up on your kind offer to help us with the phone set up.

OWSA

4. Re: Cell Phone Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 22, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island