We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peter Island or Grand Cayman

NYC
3 posts
Save Topic
Peter Island or Grand Cayman

My wife and I are looking into staying at PI or the Ritz C in Grand Cayman. If anyone has been to both, I would appreciate any advice. We are looking to relax, sit at the beach with some drinks, snorkel and just get away from NYC for a bit. I am particulary interested in which beach is better, PI or 7 mile? And which water is better to just chill and swim in. Thanks

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peter Island or Grand Cayman

In my opinion the beaches at PI are much, much better. Why? Because there are never any crowds. In fact, in December we spent an afternoon at White Beach on PI and for the last hour or so were the only people on the beach! It's just gorgeous.

Also, the Caymans are flat and much of the vegetation is planned "gardens." PI, on the other hand, is mountainous, very naturally green. The water is lovely; the snorkeling & diving trips are great; and the staff could not be nicer.

2. Re: Peter Island or Grand Cayman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:28 am, October 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island