We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Oct and November?

florida
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in Oct and November?

We are thinking about a possible trip to PI in Oct/Nov...how bad is the rainy season?? A few shower here and there are OK, but consistent rain all day long everyday would be alittle much. Anyone been there during this time and have recommendations. ( I actually prefer clouds.)

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,007 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Oct and November?

Rain when it does occur usually comes in the form of brief passing showers. Like anywhere in the Caribbean there's always a possibility that a Tropical Wave or Tropical Depression could pass over the BVI's bringing with it periods of prolongued rain or unsettled weather. Unfortunately there's no way to predict now if such a condition will occur the particular week or so you may be on island. Typically you only get 4 or 5 days advanced notice.

Peter Island is very small so any "weather" generally passes over it quickly. The odds of encountering good weather are in your favor.

After having travelled to the Caribbean multiple times a year for more than 25 years I rarely worry about what the weather. You can't control it, chances are you won't cancel your trip because it might rain and besides in all that time I've only had less than 10 days spoiled by consistent rains.

2. Re: Weather in Oct and November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island