We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mostly honeymooners?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
mostly honeymooners?

In reading the first several pages of TA reviews, the vast majority were written by honeymooners. My hubby and I are in our 50's. Will we feel like ancient 3rd-wheels? Serious question. We have been to a beach resort or two where we definitely felt out of place. Thinking of PI for our 20th anniverary. Any thoughts?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mostly honeymooners?

There are two basic types of guests that can afford the tab at Peter Island: 1) Honeymooners who are taking that one big trip before starting out in life and 2) Older couples whose children are grown and can now afford some of the finer things in life.

Since the younger crowd are also active contributors on travel forums it stands to reason you read a lot of their comments.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mostly honeymooners?

well that makes perfect sense, doesn't it? I think we'll give PI a try. Thanks!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mostly honeymooners?

Hi there,

My wife and I are also in our 50's and have been coming to the BVI for over 30 years now year after year. We've stayed at Peter Island Resort many times and always found it to be a well rounded and welcoming experience. I think PI is an excellent choice for an anniversary.

Cheers!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mostly honeymooners?

thanks so much! I'm planning our trip right now!

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mostly honeymooners?

Zoeycat,

We are 50 somethings who went to PI for the first time Oct., 2006, and loved it! We did not feel out of place at all. We went back this past Sept. for lunch during a day charter scuba trip from VG and several of the staff remembered our names. It is one of the finest 5* resorts in the Caribbean, with great beaches, delicious food, excellent rooms, and very well trained staff. We give it our highest recommendation, Here are some photos: …smugmug.com/gallery/2448625#128417099

By the way, we highly recommend the day sail snorkel trip to the Dogs and the Baths on VG, with lunch served on board on your way to the Baths from the Dogs: …smugmug.com/gallery/2449006#128431279

If you have never tried scuba dive, there is an excellent dive shop on PI, and you can do a "resort dive" as an introductory experience to scuba. Here is the world famous Wreck of the Rhone, which I dove 3 times, including a night dive: …smugmug.com/gallery/2479936#130144102

And here are some of the other dive sites within a short boat ride of PI: …smugmug.com/gallery/2454385#128452045

You will not regret going to PI, and we cannot wait to go back! alashas

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mostly honeymooners?

alashas-

Thank you so much for the info and pictures. We both love to snorkel and my husband is a diver so those pictures definitely convinved us. Some of them are fantastic. You should sell them to the resort...they're better than their brochure!

Thanks again. Maybe we'll see you there!

7. Re: mostly honeymooners?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 am, September 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island