We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Texans to Peter Island

Dallas
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Texans to Peter Island

I've noticed how many Texans (including us) here have gone to PI. How many of you guys are from Dallas or Houston? And how'd you find out about it in the first place? By the way, we loved our first trip there last month and will return next year, same time.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,883 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Texans to Peter Island

It's no secret. It's mentioned in every guide book, Caribbean Travel magazine, has been the subject of countless articles and has been mentioned in thousands upon thousands of posts on travel forums likFodors, Tripadvisor, traveltalkonline, etc. Anyone who has done the least bit of reasearch on upscale resorts in the BVI's knows about Peter Island. After all it's been in existance for well over 20 years. We first went there in the mid-80's.

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
6,883 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Texans to Peter Island

One more point, it's not just Texans that frequent the resort. You'll find a representative sample of guests from every state of the Union as well as Canada, England and Europe.

Dallas
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Texans to Peter Island

Yes, we were there just last month and met people from all over the world. I know it's a well-known resort. I was just wondering how many other people from Dallas and Houston on these boards have gone there. No offense was meant by my question.

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
18 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Texans to Peter Island

We've been going to Peter Island since 1993! And it just gets better and better each time we visit (at least once a year).

Of all the islands and resorts we've visited, we keep going back to Peter Island because it has everything we ever wanted in a vacation - great beachs, wonderful food, friendly staff, romantic beachfront suites, day trips, and one of the best scuba diving operations ever.

ScubaMom from Corpus Christi, Texas :-)

florida
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Texans to Peter Island

I'm not a Texan, so excuse the intrusion here. Just wanted to note that I find it curious that one person can say that PI just keeps getting better and better, while other visitors note that the untis are getting shabbier and shabbier. "Different strokes," I suppose.... Or perhaps it's the difference between those who stay in the suites compared to those who stay in ocean view? We'd been hoping to give PI a try, but beachfront is too much of a splurge for us, and the bathrooms in ocean view just sound too stuffy and dreary. Perhaps in a year or so, after the projected renovations, we'll get to understand the PI pleasures.

Anyway-- I enjoy hearing the different opinions. This is a valuable website.

Galveston, Texas
Level Contributor
84 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Texans to Peter Island

Hi. I know this topic has not been replied to lately but it caught my eye. I am from southeast Texas (Port Arthur/Beaumont area). My husband and I went to Provo, TCI this summer and we absolutely loved it!!! Caribsurfer I think I recognize your name from the Provo forums. Some friends we know are going to PI for their honeymoon and it sparked my interest. I had never heard of it and we have been trying to decide where we want to vacation this summer. We loved Provo but we do not want to limit ourselves just to TCI. Which is better, PI or Provo? What are the pros and cons? More importantly for my husbands sake.....what kind of fishing is there at Peter Island? In Provo we went to Bonefish point almost everyday....he got to flyfish all day and I got to lay on a secluded beach with no buildings or people...not a bad deal. Are there any deep sea fishing charters at PI? Do they do that kind of stuff there? Sorry for all the questions. Is there any other island that is similar to Provo that we might enjoy? Thanks!

7. Re: Texans to Peter Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island