We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House on Spring Bay

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
House on Spring Bay

There is a house on spring bay as you come around from the crawl...first one..anyone know it,s name and if it rents out?

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House on Spring Bay

The one behind the green mesh-lined fence or the one that sprawls out on to the beach? Neither rents out.

Hope you are having a great time down there!

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House on Spring Bay

we were looking at the one behind the mesh fence...any like that type of location does rent out?...

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House on Spring Bay

Here are the ones I know about that are either on or just off the beach that rent:

gsbvillas.com/virgin-island-villas/beachhouse stayed here several times. Nicer house than the pictures and the location is right on the beach. Last house before you get to the big boulder pile between Spring Bay and the Baths.

http://www.ontherocksvilla.com/ love this place. Looks like a country villa from the front. 90 second walk from the beach.

villasofdistinction.com/villas/… right above Little Trunk Bay. About as good as it gets on this end of the island

There are several Guavaberry "deluxe villas" that are fairly close. Anything in Spring Bay Estates and Little Trunk Estates is really close to the beach - most about a three minute walk.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for St. John, Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
3,329 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House on Spring Bay

We like the villas the Guavaberry Spring Bay manages, linked by ACB above. If I wanted privacy I'd stay up the hill a bit. That area is magical.

Cheers, RickG

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House on Spring Bay

Which ones are the sunniest with a pool?

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House on Spring Bay

That's a good question SOUP-ER. I would email the fine folks at Guavaberry and they will be glad to help.

Do you want a pool and a/c in the bedrooms? That is rare on the Guavaberry properties. That may be the only issue I have with most of their properties.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House on Spring Bay

Yes to a/c in bedroom and to a pool

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House on Spring Bay

Look at this property:

http://www.casarocalta.com/02.html located in Spring Bay Estates within an easy walk of Spring Bay.

or this one:

gsbvillas.com/virgin-island-villas/rockmere located in Little Trunk Estate within an easy walk to Little Trunk and the Crawl.

Both of these places have pools and a/c. They are located in a neighborhood just before you reach Mad Dogs. Jemstone has a better view than Virgin Oriental, but Virgin Oriental is the nicer house. Both are a (relative) bargain:

gsbvillas.com/virgin-island-villas/jemstone

http://www.virginoriental.com/index.html

Loveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House on Spring Bay

I'm looking for a place to stay on Virgin Gorda for just my husband and myself in June. I noticed these houses have rental rates for two people. Would we be sharing the kitchen , living room , pool with other people? We are looking at a quiet place preferably with pool and close to beach. We will be coming off a week of sailing so want to basically relax for the week. I looked at Mango bay and a rental place called island dream by nail bay..any thoughts? Thanks!

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House on Spring Bay

No...you get the entire place to yourself. You use one bedroom, not that the others are locked....they just give good rates for fewer people so at least it is rented...we have rented beautiful muli bedroom homes for the 2 person rate....pool,kitchen, all to yourself!

Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda