We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week with 3 kids

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weatherford, Texas
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 week with 3 kids

We will be traveling to VG in mid-July and would like some recommendations on a few things. Traveling to STJ we packed a bag of dry goods... is this allowed in travels to VG (customs/immigration) or do I only need to be concerned about meat and fruits?

I would also appreciate recommendations on kid-friendly restaurants that are moderately priced. This may limit us to sandwich shops... which is ok, but wanted to see if there are other options available. In STJ we hit a couple of the beach bar/happy hour places but would really prefer something a little more tame with the kids in tow.

I would also like to know which of the beaches are best kid-friendly beaches (calm, sandy entry). We all enjoy snorkeling, but for the kids a safe entry and room to play is important. I have also read conflicting information on parking at Mahoe Bay. Is there public parking?

The kids LOVED their day on the boat in STJ (Bad Kitty catamaran). We would like to have a day out in a boat on VG as well. We have inquired with Bravura (will not be avail during our trip) and Double D. Again, something kid-friendly to make an enjoyable day for them is the priority.

Thanks in advance for the help!... we can't wait to be there!

Weatherford, Texas
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: 1 week with 3 kids

Clint... Thanks! Do you all have grocery packing tips?... I planned simple meals and planned to pack dry and snack foods. After reading the guidelines again, I'm thinking it may be allowed to take meat within a certain limit. Does anyone have experience with this from US?

Weatherford, Texas
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: 1 week with 3 kids

ABC thanks so much for the ph numbers and hours.

Weatherford, Texas
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: 1 week with 3 kids

ABC ... This is the helpful info you provided in a previous thread... Do you have experience with this?

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 1 week with 3 kids

I have heard people have had little issue bringing meats in but I have never done it. No reason not to try, but be judicious. Don't bring in anything you cannot afford to lose.

Weatherford, Texas
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: 1 week with 3 kids

Thanks ABC… sounds like a good plan : ) I realized I didn't actually copy/paste the info I had intended…. but I think I will try a small amount of basics.

California
Level Contributor
5,749 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 1 week with 3 kids

I take an extra large nylon duffel bag and do all our Costco type shopping at home and fill the bag up with everything from cereal to suntan lotion and everything in between. We check the bag in at the airport for $25. and it always arrives in one piece. The $25. fee will be saved just by buying at home. On the return home we simply fold the duffel bag up and pack it in our suite case. I certainly don't do it to save money, it's just for the ease of having what we need and like.

Weatherford, Texas
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: 1 week with 3 kids

Would anyone happen to know the price of the Fri Beach BBQ at Leverick?... Adult and child prices? Thank you!

18. Re: 1 week with 3 kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 30, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda