We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

We are leaving for Virgin Gorda on Saturday and really want to be able to enjoy good wine while there. We will probably bring a few bottles, but customs limits what you can bring. I checked Buck's Market's list of wines and it is not what we are looking for, generally very low end wines. Any recommendations on where we can get good wines? Also, is it acceptable to bring wine to dinner in Virgin Gorda like it is in the U.S.?

Thanks!

The Billiken

St. Louis
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

Just got back from Buck's in North Sound area. Definitely not the place to buy fine wines, but a very good selection of groceries and beer. I think the previous comments are correct in that there are no real "wine stores" or fine wine selections on the island in terms of grocery stores; probably best bringing your own or buying at the restaurants on the island.

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
311 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

Giorgio's Table is closed.

KY
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

anyone know how many bottles you can bring over and be okay with customs? or do you just pay a tax if over their limit? We are traveling with another couple and he is very much a wine guy and after reading this thread, doubt he would find what he would want there. How many bottles can he bring with him?

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
51 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

You can bring wine into BVI for personal consumption - might be a good idea to pay a visit to TICO on Tortola - I've never seen anyone bring wine into a restaurant in BVI - you could also see if Leverick Bay restaurant will sell you some bottles.

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
311 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

Giorgios has left Virgin Gorda competely. He may be opening on Tortola at a rebuilt resort.

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
311 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

I believe you can get good wines sent from Tortola. You will have to pick it up at the ferry dock when speedy ferry comes in. I have had wine go missing. Don't know if it was not shipped or picked up at the ferry dock by someone else.

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
311 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

I don't know as I usually bring rum and other spirits back to USA. What is the worst, you will pay a bit of customs. Customs will tax you for imports. There is no limit what you can bring in.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

VG is not a fine dining kind of place. It's best to take VG on VG's terms. Otherwise it can make for a frustrating stay. Some people won't enjoy VG.

19. Re: Best place to buy very good wine in Virgin Gorda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 06, 2016