We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Market

Henderson, KY
Level Contributor
20 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Market

Where are the markets locations, are they very big and what would you advise I should bring if you like to cook? I have been going to St John for the past five years is the market much smaller than in St John?

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,790 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Market

The markets are not much smaller than Starfish, but they are not as well stocked. You may have to go several days to get all you want because some things are not there certain days. For instance, when I first got there last time Buck's had no seafood. At the end of the week they had mahi mahi, tuna, and wahoo, all fresh and all for $8.50 a lb.

Everything is pricey, perhaps slightly more than Starfish. Honestly, the thing I have the most difficult time finding is good fresh produce.

Here is a list of all the markets and their locations:

bestofbvi.com/info/bvi_shopping/virgin_gorda… The only one missing is Buck's Wholesale, which is near RTW on the road going to the Baths. My shopping runs usually include Rosy's, Buck's, and Buck's Wholesale. Also, L&L has opened a place in the back of the Yacht Harbour building that has pastries and deli meat. Nice little store. I also frequent M&M, but note: it only opens after 6PM.

Henderson, KY
Level Contributor
20 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Market

Thank you so much, your reply is very helpful.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Market

Here is a photo gallery of most of the grocery stores on VG, with a brief description of their locations:

…smugmug.com/Vacation/…

Enjoy your trip, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Market

We just got back if you still have questions

5. Re: Grocery Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda