We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Mahoe Bay

Arlington, MA
Level Contributor
518 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling Mahoe Bay

Planning my big 50th bday trip and considering returning to Virgin Gorda and Mahoe Bay as my favorite thing to do on vacation is snorkel. I saw several posts on Fodors forum saying the snorkeling had gone down hill at Mahoe Bay and on the island in general. Our previous three trips we had great snorkels at Mahoe and Nail Bay, seeing turtles, octopus, lots of tangs, etc. This was in 2008,9 and 10. Anyone snorkeled these spots or elsewhere around the islands these last few years and care to give their opinion? Thanks

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snorkeling Mahoe Bay

Wow, the video and the link to Bob and Sharon's trip report were awesome!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
134 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Snorkeling Mahoe Bay

glad you liked it :)

Manassas, VA
Level Contributor
1 post
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Snorkeling Mahoe Bay

Fantastic snorkeling in BVI's. We are here now. Monkey Point is incredible. You will be surrounded by thousands of turquoise minnows, and will feel like you are in a dream world. Also, pelicans dive for fish and you will see tarpons. The indias were amazing. The coral is all over the place, beautiful fan coral and brain coral. You will see all colors of fish- green and pink, black with iridescent ble spots, schools of yellow and black fish and more. We are having a blast snorkeling.

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Snorkeling Mahoe Bay

I just got back from VG two weeks ago and spent a couple of days snorkelling Mahoe and the reef seemed the same as always. Saw a young Hawksbill turtle, a large sting ray (maybe 7 feet across), and the usual reef fish.

15. Re: Snorkeling Mahoe Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 25, 2015