We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach...
2 posts
Save Topic
My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in April for our anniversary. Clueless where to stay. Looking at Bitter End in Virgin Gorda, Toad Hall in Virgin Gorda and Peter Island Resort. Any advice?

Boston
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

Also look at Little Dix Bay and maybe Scrub Island. It depends on what you are looking for. On VG there is also Biras Creek which is very upscale, but remote and you might want to look at Guana Island which is a private island next to Tortola. There are also lots of private villas that you could rent. It would help if you told us what you are looking for and your budget.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

Concur with saffie, it will help if you mention some things that interest and appeal to you. For instance, Peter Island is pretty much an "all inclusive" resort that primarily caters to couples, Toad Hall is a private villa, Bitter End has a variety of rooms at the north end of VG, with lots of water activities.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

I would either stay at a Villa in VG or at Little Dix....this way you have easier access to everything...take a ferry over to Bitter End, Biras Creek (hikes) and Saba Rock....you have plenty of restaurants to choose from.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
3,164 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

Don't know if you made a choice, but lots of variety mentioned already. The villas in Virgin Gorda on Mahoe Bay are a nice community on a pretty beach with snorkeling right off the beach. Most of these villas are big, however, but there is one 2-bedroom with pool that's lovely called Sartori II. There's also the unique Sugar Mill villa at Little Dix Bay.

Peter Island is very nice and the rooms that are not on the beach are also very nice, large, and only a 5 min. walk to the beach. They have lovely views. Pretty, isolated beach on the opposite side of the island -- White Beach, Good snorkeling and calm water here.

Little Dix, Biras Creek, Bitter End are all nice with Bitter End being the best place if you like sailing and being on the water a lot. It's a bit busier, though, with others stopping by at the restaurants. Saba Rock is the cheapest mentioned here -- a tiny rock off the Bitter End. ; You can rent water sports stuff at Bitter End and take the water taxi from Saba Rock around the North Sound to other beaches. Saba Rock can get a little noisy at night when a lot of sailors dock and come to the restaurant for dinner. If you like a livelier atmosphere, that's great.

My favorite of the BVI is Guana Island. A private island that accommodates only 32 visitors at a time. Cottages are spread across a hilltop above one of the prettiest beaches in the Caribbean. Gorgeous views of both the Atlantic and Caribbean, fruits from the island's orchard, and privacy. This is the place to go if you don't need tv, radio, or shopping. They do have internet. I believe some cottages now may have airconditioning, but most have a couple of enormous, and very effective, ceiling fans and are located on the hilltop and catch the breezes from both the ocean and the sea. This is the way the Caribbean used to be -- basic & luxurious at the same time.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

We're partial to the southern pat of Virgin Gorda. Guavaberry offers either houses or private villas.

http://www.guavaberryspringbay.com/

If you'd prefer a resort, Little Dix Bay is also located in that area of VG. There really are a lot of options with a wide range of amenities and costs.

new york
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

have been going to VG for 20 plus years and have to agree with Bellman3. Also partial to the southern part of the island. Little Dix (was there when it was a Rock resort!) and the assorted private villas that Guavaberry offers. There is more access to dining, going out for a drink, cooking in if you are at a villa and the beaches can not be beat!

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

If you havent already chosen your destination, i would love to advise you as follows, - my husband and i spent 3 weeks in the British Virgin Islands, We started of in Long Bay Beach Resort in Tortola, we actually got married there, it was a lovely peacfull beginning to our wedding with views and idyllic surroundings, we were in paradise!! From there we went to Peter Island, if we thought we were in Paradise at Long Bay, Peter Island was just on another level, we were in heaven!!! Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, they were attentative but left you to your own devices. They were there if you needed any advice. Everyone we spoke to treated you with respect and were happy to speak about the Island and the Resort with pride and sometimes in awe!!! We would definatly recommend Peter Island, you can have a week in your own little heaven on earth ! .... enjoy xx

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

Jane, we concur about the outstanding staff at Peter Island. We've traveled to a number of Caribbean islands, and PI has the most well trained staff of any place where we have been. After a fabulous stay on PI, we returned a year later for lunch during a scuba/snorkel charter with Dive BVI when we were staying on VG, and several of the restaurant staff remembered us by name. We also think they serve some of the best food in the BVI.

take care, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

9. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, January 20, 2013
Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My husband and I are going to the British Virgin Island in A

Agreed! Peter and Scrub are basically the only things on the islands which they are situated on. Taking ferries all the time gets old and wastes time. Additionally, the ferries have been unreliable lately. I'd choose VG without a doubt. All you have mentioned are good choices and there are many, many great villas to choose from if you go that route. Our next BVI trip is not until July but we are doing a villa this time (rather than yachting) and I've had fun searching them! Just gorgeous!

Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda