We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Gorda First Timer

Iowa
Level Contributor
181 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Gorda First Timer

We are going to VG for our anniversary in February for 11 days staying at a cottage near Leverick Bay. We plan to take a day trip by ferry to Anegada one day and fly by the seat of our pants the other days. We will probably rent a car for part of the trip to see the rest of the island. We really like to relax, enjoy each other with having the hustle and bustle from our normal work life, and enjoy the beauty of the Carribean so not sure if there is another day trip we should do to another island, like Peter Island? We did Jost and St John this summer so that is off our list. Thanks.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Gorda First Timer

I don't think it is necessary to plan it out ahead of time. You might want to consider a snorkeling trip with Dive BVI or Double D or the Spririt of Anegada (sail/snorkel or just sail). You could easily go over to Tortola for the day. There is a wide variety of ferry times available and a large island to explore. Other than that, take your time exploring Virgin Gorda and relaxing.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Gorda First Timer

I would rent a jeep for your entire stay....gives you the freedom to jump over to any of the beaches for a few hours anytime you feel like it...We would go to a beach in the morning and head back to our place for the afternoon or decide to ferry over to Saba or Biras Creek to hike. Don't think I would take any other day trip except for a snorkeling trip besides Anegada. You won't want to leave VG. Our first time there we only stayed for 7 days...we are now up to 2 weeks. We don't leave the Island the entire time....