We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meal plan at Little Dix bay

Which Virgin Gorda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
4 posts
Save Topic
meal plan at Little Dix bay

Going to LDB for 7 nights in April with my husband and 4 year old and wondering if anyone can give some feedback on the meal plan. Is it worth doing even if you plan on doing a day trip and dining out on the island a couple of times?

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: meal plan at Little Dix bay

My wife and I brought our 6 year old son to LDB last summer and we purchased the Romance Package for 2 (comes with 3 squares per day) and purchased the meal plan for my son. We would have preferred to have purchased a plan which gave us breakfast every day, and a few lunches and dinners, but that was not an option.

The food was very good and there was live dinner music 6 of the 7 nights. Nothing loud or obtrusive -- steel drums, light reggae, etc. Service was pleasant and thorough, but often slow. We didn't mind this, but our son fell asleep at nearly every dinner. When we were there, the Sugar Mill was closed, which was unfortunate because my wife and I enjoyed the Sugar Mill when we stayed there on our honeymoon 10 years ago.

For a fee, LDB will take your child at their excellent children's program. When we were there, the resort was not crowded, and there were very few children. However, our son enjoyed it. The children's program serves dinner according to any instructions you give.

Breakfast is the same every day -- a first-rate tropical buffet with omelette and waffle stations. The fruit selection and smoothie station are excellent.

Lunch is served at the beach bar (very good) and someplace else (I forget). Usually, we were sailing or exploring at lunchtime, and we ate picnic lunches prepared at LDB on the beach or on the boat. This was great.

On the whole, we did not regret purchasing the meal plan. When we got the final bill, LDB did not charge us for our son's meals or some of the children's program charges, but I wouldn't count on that.

We loved our week at LDB, and we plan to go back. Our only problem with the place is that we're afraid it's getting over-developed with the hillside villas. Have a great trip.